• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need Advice: New rep Problems: A7750

pfargo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/1/19
I purchased an AP Royal Oak Offshore 2014 for over $600. The QC pictures were fine. The chronograph was broke upon receipt. I sent the watch to be fixed and received a reply that the small wire that engages and disengages the watch is broken. The movement cannot be replaced because of how heavily it is modded for the deco plate and the deco rotor. So after paying to have it looked at in the U.S. what should the TD offer? What should I request? I have bought 2 other watches from the TD and he has been excellent in communication and advised me to have someone in the U.S. look at it. Your advice is appreciated.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Replacement movement would be what I'd expect, or ship it back and pray to the customs Gods for safe passage. no other option. Consider it a learning experience. Only buy standard movements.

pfargo

25/1/19
Trying to understand "standard" movements. It was advertised as A7750 with the following comment: "
Decorated Rotor & Platinum Plated Bridges & Plates like Genuine Calibre AP 3126".
I didn't understand that this modification made the movement difficult or impossible to replace. Is that true?

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Trying to understand "standard" movements. It was advertised as A7750 with the following comment: "
Decorated Rotor & Platinum Plated Bridges & Plates like Genuine Calibre AP 3126".
I didn't understand that this modification made the movement difficult or impossible to replace. Is that true?

I'm not too familiar with movements but I was under the impression that it can still accept 7750 parts, it's possible to just replace the part that is causing the issue. Depending on what this part is.

pfargo

25/1/19
Sent a note to the TD about the problem, no response yet.