• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Should I leave my replica Rolex home when I go to Italy on vacation?

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Well, if you're going to be like that in the airport :

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "sweat a lot gif"

And like that the whole trip :

giphy.gif

You better not bring it with you

Reactions: stufuse and cyblade

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
Well, if you're going to be like that in the airport :

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "sweat a lot gif"

And like that the whole trip :

giphy.gif

You better not bring it with you

I've been wearing it to several countries without problem, but I just remember I read that Italy somehow was a bit more strict about stuff like this...
As long I'm getting through the customs and TSA at the airport without problem, I think I should be fine...

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I've been wearing it to several countries without problem, but I just remember I read that Italy somehow was a bit more strict about stuff like this...
As long I'm getting through the customs and TSA at the airport without problem, I think I should be fine...

I think too, I wouldn't worry that much about that, you always take the chance, but you've seen others experiences with Italy, doesn't look that harsh to me :)

Reactions: cyblade

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
My comment is not meant against Italy or that Ia m afraid.
Its just Ironie pro Reps ;-)

I wouldn't worry about customs or police, but more if they involve the Gen brand owner.

Then One is f@cked.

I just have Reps for personal enjoyment.

What does it mean with involves a gen brand owner? :
I just know that Norway allows reps for personal use.

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
I think too, I wouldn't worry that much about that, you always take the chance, but you've seen others experiences with Italy, doesn't look that harsh to me :)

I should think about it, because I really wanna wear it, but so afraid it would be problems... Would also be embarrassing since I'm with my colleagues.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I should think about it, because I really wanna wear it, but so afraid it would be problems... Would also be embarrassing since I'm with my colleagues.

Obviously you shouldn’t wear a fake then. You won’t be relaxed and the way you’re freaking out over it on a forum will probably translate into you looking shifty AF walking through customs, and looking over your shoulder every moment you’re there. Leave it at home, and enjoy your trip.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
So if I'm just bringing one on my arms, there would be no questions or getting stopped at the airport? :)

LMAO, customs agents have bigger fish to fry. They don't have time to do a genuine verification of the watch on your wrist, nor even give a damn.

Reactions: stufuse

mp1mancini

Wear It - Love It
Supporter
Certified
2/11/16
CONUS
I don’t know, one time I was going through a metal detector at a security check point and my plated DayDate set it off. Security was like why did a gold watch just set this off. They put me in a holding cell for 36 hours and all they gave me was fake bread and powdered water...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I'm not really afraid of the getting robbed. More afraid of getting stopped in the customs and getting fined etc...

You won’t. Just enjoy Italy mate, lovely foooooodddddddd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
I'm going trom Norway, in other words I shouldn't worry about security check etc at the airport? Like when I need to leave my watch and jackets etc, going through the security check? :)
As you come from Norway I'll share one of my own experience about customs ...
True story !!!

I live in France.
Last time I went to Oslo (to visit my son) I flew with Norwegian airlines from Geneva.
On my way back to France I made a stop in Italy to meet an old friend of mine in Rome.
Then back to France through Paris and back home.
So I had custom checks at :
- Geneva airport (Switzerland)
- Gardermoen aiport (Norway)
- Fiumicino airport (Italy)
- CDG airport (France)
I had my white Explorer II on my wrist and my B&R 03-92 diver in my luggage.
My wife had her modded DJ with pink sunburst dial and engine turned bezel on white gold jubilee (not the less noticeable of DJs) on her wrist.
And ... not even the slightest problem with customs.

Next time I'll tell you about crossing customs in Paris/Moscow/Hanoi/Saigon/Shanghaï/Hong-Kong/Paris ... all in a 3 weeks trip ... including an argument with a custom lady in Shanghaï about the Ken Onion Kershaw knife I had in my wallet (she wanted to steal it but I found a way to keep it with me).

So just relax and wear what you want.
But if you can't relax ... wear a Seiko.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glaude

Adrenix

5/12/18
Norway does not 'allow' reps for personal use. What a ridiculous comment.

Counterfeit of goods is illegal globally and covered by trademark laws which are usually registered in every single country worldwide. Just some countries are more strict than others about enforcing them.

As for the PAM in the poster - I'd love to hear the 'experts' work out which factory / edition / tells are ;)

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Norway does not 'allow' reps for personal use. What a ridiculous comment.

Really ???
After reading that thread I thought they were sold in Repmonopolet ;)

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Norway does not 'allow' reps for personal use. What a ridiculous comment

Not that ridiculous, this is a grey area, but there's no laws in Norway that condemn the possession of counterfeit items for personal use.

The personal use area is the grey part, as it rely on the custom agent appreciation, if one rep is unlikely to trigger any response, multiple could be flagged as commercial, and that's an offence in Norway

Reactions: Mwrlx

Adrenix

5/12/18
I stand corrected. Bizarre.

https://velgekte.no/en-GB/importing/legal-or-illegal-imports/

The right to purchase and import pirated goods for private use is legal in Norway. This means, for example, that you are within your rights to buy a fake pair of Ray-Bans, a wallet, or chair for your private use without infringing a patent or copyright holder's sole rights to the product design or brand name. This is because sole right restrictions on a brand name design or patent only apply to commercial usage.