• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is the ARF 904L Explorer i 214270 a Super rep?

Watchmaker2017

Horology Curious
19/12/17
UK
I know that the JF 904L Explorer i is a Super-rep, but am about to buy the ARF. What justifies the price difference between the two, and is the ARF a Super-rep?

Should I go for the JF of the ARF?

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
The JF Explorer 1 isn't 904L it is 316L . It also isn't a super rep ( for want of a better term ) it is a First Class NWBIG . The reason the 3 and 6 markers are slightly more rounded than the gen . It is an amazing rep though I have one on as I post .

They are no longer made and have been superseded by new ARF 904 l model ( Arf/JF are the same factory). You will need to buy from M2M.

The ARF seems to be the same watch in a 904 case and bracelet . With brushed cases/ bracelets IMO 904 makes very little difference .

Reactions: vcappp

Watchmaker2017

Horology Curious
19/12/17
UK
The JF Explorer 1 isn't 904L it is 316L . It also isn't a super rep ( for want of a better term ) it is a First Class NWBIG . The reason the 3 and 6 markers are slightly more rounded than the gen . It is an amazing rep though I have one on as I post .

They are no longer made and have been superseded by new ARF 904 l model ( Arf/JF are the same factory). You will need to buy from M2M.

The ARF seems to be the same watch in a 904 case and bracelet . With brushed cases/ bracelets IMO 904 makes very little difference .

Thanks - do you reckon TD's might still have some JF Explorers available?

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Read my post again :D You could try one or two I suppose but I believe the answer will be no .