• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datewheel on IWC

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
The DW is slightly left justified. But, the hour hand is past 10, so maybe the movement (such as the A23J) is getting ready to flip date?
To be sure, have TD move hour hand to 5 or 7.

magpie80

11/1/14
Good spot, didn’t think of that. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

magpie80

11/1/14
TD has come back and said yes date wheel is miss aligned but it’s impossible to get a centred one!!

They are going to get another watch to compare, is that statement correct?

magpie80

11/1/14
Second and third watch pics below, they said they can’t get a date wheel centred and if I can’t live with it to chose another watch

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
Actually, it is a really minor flaw. But, some people will see it every time they look at the watch...
Unless you are willing to spend more to have a watchmaker fix it, I'd say pick another watch.

magpie80

11/1/14
Actually, it is a really minor flaw. But, some people will see it every time they look at the watch...
Unless you are willing to spend more to have a watchmaker fix it, I'd say pick another watch.

Yeah I just don’t think I can live with it I’m afraid, as you say I would notice it every time I look at the watch.

Thing is been waiting to get one for a while and finally pulled the trigger so wouldn’t know what else to pick.

Sent from the RWI App

bdhall93

Known Member
5/2/19
My 5009-12 does this when it’s getting ready to flip the date at midnight. Ask them to set the time to 635 and then read the date. If it still looks this bad I would ask for another. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magpie80

11/1/14
My 5009-12 does this when it’s getting ready to flip the date at midnight. Ask them to set the time to 635 and then read the date. If it still looks this bad I would ask for another. Good luck!

I did my friend, they said they have tried four watches all the same, they’ve said for me to pick another type of watch. Disappointed to be honest.

bdhall93

Known Member
5/2/19
I did my friend, they said they have tried four watches all the same, they’ve said for me to pick another type of watch. Disappointed to be honest.

Bummer man! Maybe you could mod it with a gen datewheel? IWC has plenty of other options if you are into that though. Good luck in your search!

magpie80

11/1/14
Bummer man! Maybe you could mod it with a gen datewheel? IWC has plenty of other options if you are into that though. Good luck in your search!

I’ve switched to the PILOT 3777-14 as I’ve always had a thing for IWC, I asked about the alignment on these and they said it’s not a common issue on this model but they can’t 100% guarantee it will be straight.

I know some people say it you want perfection go with a gen.