• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What’s your response when someone asks if your watch is real?

MacPhlea

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/2/19
Mine is...

“If [insert watch maker here] actually made fakes then this would probably be the best fake available”

I then hand them the watch and let them decide... They often think your bluffing and believe it’s real

Only one person has actually identified one of mine as a fake and he’s a rep geek as well and just winked and said nice spacing on the SELs - I think he respected the fact I wasn’t outwardly trying to pass it off as real so didn’t expose me... that’s how it should be!

Reactions: BlackJaguar

Wrestleantares

Known Member
19/9/18
The only watch really associated with fakes is Rolex. I have no rep Rolex watches. The brands I have no one, not a watch person has heard of, so no questions.

Besides, I am as likely to wear a gen as a rep on any given day.

Reactions: rj999

Hanifcd

Horology Curious
15/2/19
I'll just scoff and tell them it's a rep. They usually end up confused or say "nah, it can't be!" .

Endless11

Horology Curious
31/3/19
I take it off and hand it to them to check it. They usually glance at it focused more on my body language than the watch. And who gives a f... anyway on what others think about my watch lol? The only problem is when the darn thing breaks after a few weeks and now you go to work with another "$15k watch"

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I ask how big’s your pecker? Throws them right off their train of thought.

Reactions: Tuben

GingerNingaX

Horology Curious
19/8/17
I always tell them it’s a replica as I will then try to sell it to them haha

And I just can’t lie very well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I always say its real. Especially if she’s hot. YOLO.

Pickledbeetroot

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/12
Why would they ask? I mean really, why?

They may ask “got the time brah”, then I may say “it’s a smidge after quarter past four old bean” then they may thank me and go about their daily business....

Let’s flip this around 180 degrees, you’re having a light lunch in your favourite bistro, i’m thinking maybe waldorf salad with a small glass of house red, your wife/husband/lgender neutral partner is having goats cheese flan with a side order of curly fries (fuck you’re drooling for a curly fries but are on a strict “no carbs” diet) and a glass of no alcohol beer cos they’re also a recovering alcoholic.....

anyway, scene is set!

A young couple walk in, she’s wearing a very short summer dress, you catch a glimps of inner thigh, “oh lordy that’s brightened up an otherwise miserable day” then you spot the guy, he’s got a 6263 Daytona on his right wrist.... now that clearly on the wrong wrist for a start off... but but but you’ve read the tells on this one, it’s got to be a hand wind, can’t quite make out if the subdial at 6 is frozen or not.... now these are big money, he’s just a scruffy oik in jeans and a t-shirt, doubtful he could afford that... it got to be a rep.... ITS GOT TO BE!! you start to get sweaty palms, heart beat is racing.......

RIGHT, I’M OFF OVER TO ASK!!!

“OY SCRUFFY OIK, IS THAT A FAKE WATCH YOU’RE WEARING ON THE WRONG WRIST OR WHAT????

:lmao: really???????

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Pickledbeetroot. For the people who do not speak your unique colorful idiom, is an "oik" sort of like a "yob", ie. a rude, noisy, aggressive young person or something else ?

Reactions: Toksic

Cyber1050

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/12/17
I have a Rolex replica. People usually jusy say “Nice watch” which I reply with “Thank, I got it used. Found a great deal “ etc.

BluuDuu

MULTI ACCOUNT
11/2/19
I straight up state the watch is fake and hand them the watch to let them decide for themself! :) That has happened once, and that was my girlfriend. Other than that no one else in my workplace or out in public has ever went out of their way to approach me and ask if the watch was fake.

Clamaran

Horology Curious
2/4/19
well if you are working on a minimum wage and wearing a 25K watch, probably it is fake :)

Reactions: Tuben