• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610ln a2824

Aisrotciv

Horology Curious
25/2/17
Hi guys,

I’m actually looking to grab a ARF 116610LN a2824 after spending days reading on this forum. However I’ve some final questions before gg for the kill.

1) I’ve read that NOOB V9 116610ln is also a good rep if I’d be modding it. So I’ve decided on the ARF 116610ln a2824 being that it’s so far the best out of the box sub and the movement is the most reliable one and I won’t be modding it as that is way too complicated for me to learn. So I’d like some views if I’ve made the right choice.

2) If I were to purchase this, how do I ensure during QC process that the movement is a2824 and is there anything that I should be looking out for?

3) I’ve shortlisted 2 TD, chazingtime and puretime.
favouring CT as he is based in SG same as me and have a discount for local bank transfer. But I’ve seen many good reviews on PT so I just wanna check if there’s any difference between these 2 TD that I should be wary of.

4) Just in case I might need this, any recommendations for reputable watchsmith based in SG who is willing to work on reps?

Before anyone starts flaming me that I should READ MORE. I’d like to apologise first as I may have missed out some information while reading, didn’t understand or probably unable to locate the right thread.

Appreciate if I could get some help so I could get my sub ASAP.
Thank you!

Reactions: Watchmewear

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
I recommend reading the QC posts related to subs or Rollies in general. They will tell you what to look in your QC photos.
You can ask a TD to show you the movement, but I doubt any would do it. I trust the TD knows what he is doing and is sending me the watch I bought.
A2824 is a workhorse movement. You don't need to service it, just yet. It can go out of accuracy, but it is easy to regulate. If the movement ever fails, don't repair it, just replace with Swiss ETA 2824. Now, that's a watch that will last.
Finally, the Search function is your friend. You can find tons of info on every topic related to rep watches.

Aisrotciv

Horology Curious
25/2/17
Hi Art Tic,
thanks for your advice.

I've made a purchase with a TD and I think I secured a decent piece.
https://imgur.com/wmxWiSv

Anyone noticed the gap at the bottom right bracelet area? or this is common.

Stribbo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/9/18
Make sure you get a perfectly straight on picture of the cyclops/datewheel as there have been problems with alignment. Mine was absolutely terrible and pretty much made me not want to wear the watch. I am waiting for it’s return after some tinkering from a well known member so I’m hoping it’s much better when I get it back. Other than that I love the watch.

Reactions: electric

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
The bezel is just a tiny bit off alignment, and there is a tiny gap in the lower right SEL. Neither very visible from arm's length away.
There will always be some minor imperfections... I have many reps, and everyone of them has flaws. It's what you can accept that matters.
If you don't like the QC, then ask for another watch. But, keep in mind that the next watch TD offers may be worse.
I hope you find one that you like.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
^ If the OP is asking about a specific issue, it’s best not to bring up other things. He’ll probably go back and reject it because of the bezel now....

(the bezel is perfectly aligned - you can see from the rehaut that the watch is slightly tilted to the left which shifts the bezel that way vs the dial.)

Aisrotciv

Horology Curious
25/2/17
I've already given the GL on it as i feel those are minor flaws which cant be visible easily unless someone takes it off my wrist.
Cant wait for it to arrive and i might send some wrist shot here!

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Aisrotciv

Horology Curious
25/2/17
hey, anyone can link me a specific thread on things i should know about the a2824?
read some comments on it that it shouldnt be hand winded etc, so i would like to understand more on the movement so to ensure that i dont break it or something.

Thanks in advance!

Blofeld

Horology Curious
12/6/18
Looks fine. Size is always a matter of preference but i think the size looks good on your wrist.

MM070

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/18
How is the DW font? I see a lot of ARF a2824 with an awful bold date font. I have been sent pictures from TD of one he has in stock but it looks fat/bold but i have seen worse. Please show some pics of different dates like one between 1-10 one between 10-20 one between 20-30. Would be very much appreciated.

Aisrotciv

Horology Curious
25/2/17
Hi guys, need some help.
My arf 116610ln a2824 died on me. I suspected i overwinded it. Now i'm not able to hand wind the watch and when i shake it i can hear some loose parts in it.
Any ways i can fix it myself or if anyone how a local sg watchsmith contact would be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
Hard to tell what's wrong with the watch movement by your description. It'd be best to find a rep friendly watchmaker and send the watch for service. If the movement is truly beyond repair, I recommend replacing with an ETA2824. That upgrade will keep your nice watch ticking a very long time.