• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 10 Phrases That Are Repeated To Death Here

Baleno3

Known Member
10/2/19
slaughterer62 Great thread pal :lol:

my all time fav is when a sales thread has become stale with not a sniff of an offer after weeks of bumping,, the OP clearly asks one of his friends to post...

”can’t believe this is still here”
Ah the old shill trick, I've missed it myself.

Might I add quotes of "this won't be here long" at the start of a sales thread.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I am really enjoying the contributions to this thread. If you are a modder or watchmaker, there is a certain type of phrase that enters into the "rush job strategy" alluding to crucial life events in which the watch must be worn. For instance, you as a modder get a watch on Friday afternoon with three broken complications, major dings, and a pile of wrongly-sized aftermarket parts to install and an additional list of 20 things to do to it, including making it look "brand new again", with this concluding motivating statement (or something like it): "My second niece is having her Bat Mitzvah next week Tuesday, and I really want to wear this watch to it, so can you do all of the work I need over the weekend and FedEx overnight it to me on Monday?" I am sure the TDs get this type of motivational message as well.

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
Can someone tell me which TD is the best or has the best (insert brand here)? Honest question for us too lazy to read more than 12 minutes and seven seconds.

Reactions: k4jun

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Can someone tell me which TD is the best or has the best (insert brand here)? Honest question for us too lazy to read more than 12 minutes and seven seconds.

Even better they get annoyed when the reply is...do some reading/research or there are many threads already dedicated to this topic...we were all noobs once and some just need a nudge to get them started whilst others want a spoon.

Reactions: DaleM

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15

Lol, so true :)

I like to troll them like: "The best rep is from (insert random letters here) Fatory, this replica is stunnig!"

e5QVU.png

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I heard you can get a live video cam feed direct to the factories to watch them assemble your watch when you get an "RWI Platinum Plus" account.

Nah, you've got that wrong; that's the RWI Double Diamond package. Platinum Plus is the package available on RepGeek where they guarantee that they insert female pubes into the watch - and they throw said woman's soiled panties in the box with the watch too. Which is why it's the best selling package on The Geek......

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I believe there are some videos that will help, all time Rep greats.

Reactions: k4jun and Danii

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Phrases do not bother me anymore, I just shut off my brain when I see them. However the abuse of certain terms do annoy the crap out of me.

"Genstein" everything is gen. Except the case, or the hands or the bezel or the movement etc etc

"Super Franken" Well I put a gen crown and xtal on it, of course it is a Super Franken.

Oh and BTW and this applies to all watch sites including genuine ones. No watch has a "deployment" clasp.

Last edited:
Reactions: phdsjain

MB-PAM

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/17
The truth in this thread is killing me.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Reactions: KSwatches

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
“Good luck with sale, you won’t need it”

......x2 weeks later

“BUMP”

IWUGRAD09

Known Member
13/5/16
Midwest, USA
When they say “replied all PMs, still here” i wish there was a screenshot of all the pms actually received..my guess is zero

Hahahaha! I did this today and now I feel like crap LOL. I really did have PMs though. :)

But seriously, why to people post PMd on a sales thread then never really PM? What's the point? Or worse yet PM "I'll Take It" and then disappear. Ain't nobody got time for that.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
One that makes me chuckle from M2M is

“If I hadn’t just ordered (insert number of watches with factory name & model) I’d be all over this” followed by a “GLWS” usually seen on HV sales.

I take it to mean, someone who saw the piece, loved it, then saw the price and thought ‘mmm that’s not for me’.

This. "oh if I hadn't just bought the rims on my beloved Mazda I'd be all over this 4K watch"

Reactions: k4jun