• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question regarding Rolex 126600

Bitola

Horology Curious
1/2/19
Australia
Good evening good people,

I have purchased a Rolex 126600 and the watch I have received does not have an etched crown at the 6 o'clock position. On the QC photos, I was not able to check for the crown. I want to ask the more experienced members if this is a common issue or it is just my luck.

Thank you for your help and time answering my question.

NewbyUK

16/3/17
Are you sure that there is not an etched crown at the 6 o'clock position? It should be very hard to see and only visible at a certain angle. I sometimes have to look very closely in order to see it on the crystal.

pshad

Horology Curious
4/3/19
I'm certainly no expert, but I've read that if you shine a bright light (such as your cellphone torch) at an angle, it will become visible, if present. Have you contacted your dealer to inquire? What did they have to say?

Bitola

Horology Curious
1/2/19
Australia
Thank you very much for your help and taking the time to answer my question. I have used the zoom camera on my phone and at 10X magnification I can see the crown. I don't know why I was under the impression that the crown would be much more visible.