• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch from Puretime held in customs.... what to do?

stolt

Known Member
3/12/06
hi all, jus tneed some advice on what to do, ive actually bought from puretime and was happy so reccommended to my dad, hes bought his first rep and its been held by customs. Puretime have sent him a message to advise.

I think its being sent by parcelforce. Whats the best course of action, do you have to go to the post office and will they also fine you or make you open it up and take the watch as they know its a rep?

thanks

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
Listen to their advice maybe? They've been through that process a lot.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
contact PT, if you get a letter from Customs/parfelforce/lawyer...send a copy to PT...he will step up...but maybe all will be good.

Reactions: stolt

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
If Ive read your op correctly, it makes no sense,
its either been siezed by customs, or it's been released to parcel force for delivery, it can't be both.

if it's been siezed then you need to contact puretime and inform them, and then follow their instructions.

you say it's being held by customs, this could just be the status that's showing on tracking until it gets released for delivery, this can show like that for a couple of days which is always a little unnerving. As for your question about going to the post office and them demanding that you open the parcel and then fine you for being a rep watch,, that's never going to happen the post office don't care what's in your parcel unless it hazardous.

serialthrilla

Horology Curious
15/3/19
CANADA
I am actually very interested in how this goes. As someone from Canada, I too am thinking of placing an order through a TD but so worried about customs.

stolt

Known Member
3/12/06
thanks guys, i just got a text message from my dad saying ''got a message from puretime saying my watch is held at customs re customs charge i thought they sorted it''

but the message from puretime advised my dad to contact parcel force, hes going to check the tracking number online to see what it says

edit, message on royal mail shows 'held pending customs payment'

stolt

Known Member
3/12/06
Post office have said its £27.00 charge which my dad has paid online.

Reactions: k4jun

stolt

Known Member
3/12/06
the watch was released?

Yeah, had to pay customs fee and will be delivered on friday. fingers crossed.

Doesnt seem puretime will pay for the fees though i think my dad was hoping they would. Ive managed to order form them and not had a fine.

Last edited:

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
man-praying.png

Reactions: Faj

Automotiveromance

Known Member
8/3/18
Yeah, had to pay customs fee and will be delivered on friday. fingers crossed.

Doesnt seem puretime will pay for the fees though i think my dad was hoping they would. Ive managed to order form them and not had a fine.

Just be glad customs didn’t confiscate it. Customs charges are not something a TD is responsible for. Anything over a certain amount you bring into your country is subject to import duties and/or taxes. You were just lucky yours slipped through.

200xx

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/4/16
Pure time. There so many rep dealer n you choose pure time.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Just be glad customs didn’t confiscate it. Customs charges are not something a TD is responsible for. Anything over a certain amount you bring into your country is subject to import duties and/or taxes. You were just lucky yours slipped through.

Declared value should be below £15 to avoid UK customs charges. Normally they don’t care, so he was unlucky, rather than lucky.

vinbaxter

Horology Curious
7/3/19
I'm about to buy as well from a TD but kinda worried about Customs. My shipping address is US based but due to work, right now I'm not in the US. Working in Central America. I would like to buy and have it delivered to my US address but not sure how things work in the US as for a package being held by Customs. Any suggestions? Can I pull the trigger and buy without worries? If the packaged is being held, how are they going to notify me if I'm not there(US)?

Thanks guys!

I have in mind buying either from PureTime, InTime or TrustyTime. What's my best choice if I need it delivered in the US?

US Buyer's... What do you recommend?

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
I'm about to buy as well from a TD but kinda worried about Customs. My shipping address is US based but due to work, right now I'm not in the US. Working in Central America. I would like to buy and have it delivered to my US address but not sure how things work in the US as for a package being held by Customs. Any suggestions? Can I pull the trigger and buy without worries? If the packaged is being held, how are they going to notify me if I'm not there(US)?

Thanks guys!

I have in mind buying either from PureTime, InTime or TrustyTime. What's my best choice if I need it delivered in the US?

Getting your rep seized by US customs can be likened to the Great Wildbeest Migration through the Serengeti. Over 2 million grazers cross the crocodile infested river yearly. A few hundreds don’t make it to the other side, but the overwhelming majority do. I’ve ordered and successfully received over a hundred reps and never encountered a single seizure (knock on wood). There are certain hubs in the US (Chicago and Cincinnati, just to mention a couple) notorious for seizures, but then again, it’s just the luck of the draw - the vast majority still pass thru unscathed.

If you’re unlucky to encounter a seizure, you’ll know first thru the tracking online. You’re best to ignore whatever customs or lawyer notification letters comes in the mail. Some TDs will insist you send them a photo of the letter before they’ll re-ship the watch at no cost to you. Otherwise, don’t respond to the letter(s). Just do whatever the TD tells you to do.

stolt

Known Member
3/12/06

Thanks guys!

Ive had a message from puretime, and ive had no problem but i have $800 of watches in my basket which im now thinking i dont fancy risking it, my dad thinks they shipped it by a different method and not one he chose. luckily its just gbp17 but for me its how its been handled ie, sorry not my problem makes me wonder if i really had a issue how helpful would puretime be once they have my money so im going to try another dealer . im sure when it goes all well as i have had then its fine, its just when you get a issue just a bit meh sorry but thats how it goes. as i say im reccomending puretime to people at work and family as they are not on the forum and then they are saying why am i getting these charges etc. I dont want to turn it into bashing puretime im sure they have been helpful to hundreds of forum members and we got unlucky or lucky it was only gbp17.