• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

About to pull the trigger on a BK sub v9 but.....

Matt1989

20/2/15
So it’s been a while since I’ve been digging around on here, some scum bag stole my collection of reps in a robbery. Kind of gave up after that but recently sold my gen Tudor Tiger and I can’t bring myself to throw thousands at another gen (luckily I was wearing it on the day my house was robbed).

My question is this, should I invest the money for BK’s latest offering or just buy straight from a regular TD? What’s best these days the ARF or NOOB sub c’s?

Do TD’s still offer genuine ETA’s?

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Sent from the RWI App

Schuintt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/9/18
I bought a v9 from BK. Overall I'm very happy with it, though I've swapped the crystal for a genuine one, which makes a pretty big difference.

I've never found a TD that says the offer genuine ETA movements.

I asked BK and he said he doesn't swap the movements, that's how he gets them. I was pretty dubious whether or not these are actually Swiss movements or just good Chinese clones. I had a watchmaker who offered their opinion that it "seems genuine". Thing is, I'm not sure it really makes a difference, because mine is running fantastically and a good Chinese clone is, well, good.

I don't have any regrets about paying a little extra to get a BK-sourced one, though I'm not really sure what the benefit is to me in real terms.