• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Dress watch, which to buy?

Red Mamba

Supporter
Certified
6/4/18
Italy
Hi, I'm looking for a dress watch.

I saw the JLC Ultra Thin Moon and the Patek Calatrava doing ZF but I'm not confident in wearing replicas with open caseback (plus i couldn't afford the patek), looking at the forum I didn't find anything interesting, do you have any suggestions?
I would like something pretty spot on but I wouldn't want to take an ARF rolex dj 36 or 41,
i also saw the 35mm cartier santos but not much information about it.

Thanks in advance!

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
I think you should buy what you like. Both JLC and PF you listed are beautiful reps. I have the Calatrava, and while it is not a super rep, it is still very sweet (for the price).

Lots of rep watches have glass caseback. Many have decorated movement plates that attempt to replicate the look of the gen movement. I realize that it completes the look, but personally, I don't see a need for it since I rarely take my watch off except at the end of the day.

If you are still concerned with the see thru caseback, then look at the dressy Rolex 114300 rep. Great looking watch, but I dislike the SH movement.

Last edited:

wildrabbit

Renowned Member
Supporter
11/8/18
Any of the IWC Portuguese stainless line should be fine. Get the solid back as the vanity caseback looks cheesy.
just my 2Cents