• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Canadian shipping worldwide

dee306

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/1/14
Hi everyone,

was wondering if there are any other Canadian members who have experience selling m2m replica watches or members who have purchased from a Canadian member. I've searched the forum and most topics pertain to shipping "to Canada" not from. Canada is fairly lax in general with replica's coming into the country. What shipping method do you recommend using shipping from Canada?

Thanks!

Patsanchik

MULTI ACCOUNT
27/6/18
Canada
I will caution you about Canada Post. Generally, what I've found is Canada Post is prohibitively expensive if you want to send anything internationally with a tracking number. If you're sending anything of value that you're not comfortable with forfeiting completely, then you definitely want a tracking number. Without one, you have no recourse whatsoever in the event that your package never reaches its destination, which is quite probable in the absence of a tracking number. Your customs declaration affixed to the outside of the package tells anyone who handles it what is inside. If someone likes what's listed on the declaration and sees no tracking number, I think there's not much stopping them from taking it home. Paying the enormous amount of money they demand for tracking is your way not only to allow an investigation to exist at all, but also to narrow down the investigation to where a theft could've occurred. My 2 cents.

dee306

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/1/14
Patsanchik that is an interesting perspective, thanks for your input. I was planning to declare the replica watch on the description of the shipment as "watch accessory" with a value of $25 in hopes of making the shipment more inconspicuous at the destination country. Definitely sounds beneficial to have tracking services available from both sides of the party (shipper and receiver) with the only downside of costs from Canada Post. Do you have any issues shipping WW? What carrier do you use for rep watches?

Patsanchik

MULTI ACCOUNT
27/6/18
Canada
I've never sent a watch, as I haven't done a m2m sale before. My comments on CP were based on general experience sending gifts etc. to family abroad. Maybe certain international destinations don't have such unreasonable costs associated. My experiences have involved Canada to Europe. In case it wasn't clear from my comments, I am not a fan of Canada Post. Maybe inquire at FedEx or UPS about how much it'd cost with tracking included.

When I've received rep watches from my TD, they've usually marked the description as "stainless steel bracelet", or something to that effect, with fairly low declared value. Seems to me like a good strategy to avoid the mention of "watch". Your example of $25 declared value seems suitable I think. Perhaps "costume jewelry" could be another option? These are just my opinions. Keep in mind I haven't actually sent a rep watch before. :spike:

Patsanchik

MULTI ACCOUNT
27/6/18
Canada
Let us know what you end up doing and how things play out. Would be useful to know.