• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pearl fell out of ARF2824 in first week

Spooky27

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/19
Hi,

I bought a ARF 2824, and within days (literally) the pearl fell out and is lost. I reached out to the TD, and he offered to send a replacement pearl that I'm expected to glue in. Is this normal? (Is it supposed to be glued)? I kind of feel like for the money that they charge, he should have offered to exchange the watch. I'm not by any means experienced with this, so any help or feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Reactions: gwalk03

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
Hi!

Your TD is following standard protocol. TD:s don’t send a new watch just like that. They offer repair (if you send the watch back to them) or spare parts you can assemble yourself. Gluing the pearl is easy, just don’t overdo the gluing.

Good luck with gluing that pearl. I wish you all the best!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: Spooky27

13stepper

10/3/19
Hi!

Your TD is following standard protocol. TD:s don’t send a new watch just like that. They offer repair (if you send the watch back to them) or spare parts you can assemble yourself. Gluing the pearl is easy, just don’t overdo the gluing.

Good luck with gluing that pearl. I wish you all the best!

Wow expectations are high with this one!

Do you realize had this happened to a gen the owner would be stuck with the repair cost with RSC unless the AD covered the cost? The only way it would be covered is if it was proven to be a manufacturer defect.

Think of the money someone would’ve paid for a gen and u expect better service for spending a measly few hundred????

The TD has gone above and beyond for offering to send the replacement pearl to you at no cost. I’d be extremely happy with that service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spooky27

12/2/19

Do you realize had this happened to a gen the owner would be stuck with the repair cost with RSC unless the AD covered the cost? The only way it would be covered is if it was proven to be a manufacturer defect.

Think of the money someone would’ve paid for a gen and u expect better service for spending a measly few hundred????

The TD has gone above and beyond for offering to send the replacement pearl to you at no cost. I’d be extremely happy with that service.

Respectfully, if this had happened with one of my gens, the AD would absolutely have made good on it.

Nearly €500 isn't a "measly" sum of money. Moreso, I'm looking for advice from people who have more experience with reps and TD's. Given you have an entire six posts and you only created your account four days ago, your opinion has been taken with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drewsak and hm11esh

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Yeah its normal , the pearls are glued in , and they do fall out .

Lliu31

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/2/17
NYC
Same here. This seems like a common problem, perhaps a fault with the design. Let me know if your TD can send you an extra one as well, I'd love to buy 1 off you

Spooky27

12/2/19
Same here. This seems like a common problem, perhaps a fault with the design. Let me know if your TD can send you an extra one as well, I'd love to buy 1 off you

I'll ask him. Where did you buy your ARF? Got mine through Sead (absolutely no fault of his) but he's been fantastic in helping me deal with the problem.

Lliu31

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/2/17
NYC
Mine was m2m a year ago. The first month when it was released. Whatever warranty I had, probably expired by now lol

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Respectfully, if this had happened with one of my gens, the AD would absolutely have made good on it.

Nearly €500 isn't a "measly" sum of money. Moreso, I'm looking for advice from people who have more experience with reps and TD's. Given you have an entire six posts and you only created your account four days ago, your opinion has been taken with a grain of salt.

It shouldn't have happened but here is the difference, you pay 10% of a gen price so expect some flaws...The TD is doing the right thing sending you a pearl, easy to glue in...did you expect to get a new watch? Given you are here a month with 31 posts...

Last edited:

Spooky27

12/2/19
It shouldn't have happened but here is the difference, you pay 10% of a gen price so expect some flaws...The TD is doing the right thing sending you a pearl, easy to glue in...did you expect to get a new watch? Given you are here a month with 31 posts...

I was expecting for him to ask me to send it back. As I'm a new member to this forum with only 31 posts, I'm asking for advice. Not trying to give it.

Spooky27

12/2/19
Mine was m2m a year ago. The first month when it was released. Whatever warranty I had, probably expired by now lol

I'll ask him for you! If it's a positive response, I'll send you a PM.

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden

13stepper, if you are aiming this comment at me you are missing the target. I told OP his TD is doing what TDs does in cases like this, and he should not expect a replacement watch.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Best is not sending it back as you could have read in numerous posts m8.....you have to take the return shippingcost, it can take weeks, you will have to take the risk of customs/getting lost as the TD is not collecting the resend items himself ect ect.
You reached out to your TD and he offered a solution...obviously not what you expected but realize you are buying counterfit goods, most TD's don't have a lot of personel and everything has to be done carefully as already a few factories were closed last year by chinese police....

You can ask the TD if you can return it, he will probably reject as it was in your posession for a few days.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Glue is how it's held in. Use a strong epoxy. If you exchanged the watch, then you have customs risks both directions and no recourse if it gets lost or seized.