• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Gen DW, Cyclops, Crystal Mods

xakrofobiax

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/6/16
Hello all,

I am new the forum and hear about people purchasing reps and then "modding" them with Gen DW (date wheel/window?), Gen xstal (sapphire crystal?), Gen Cyclops (magnification window), etc. My question is, I am wanting to have these mods done to Rolex reps that I purchase but I do not know who to turn to for these "mods". Can some one direct me to where and who I can contact for these mods?

Thanks

Drewsak

20/2/19
Hello all,

I am new the forum and hear about people purchasing reps and then "modding" them with Gen DW (date wheel/window?), Gen xstal (sapphire crystal?), Gen Cyclops (magnification window), etc. My question is, I am wanting to have these mods done to Rolex reps that I purchase but I do not know who to turn to for these "mods". Can some one direct me to where and who I can contact for these mods?

Thanks

I would like to know this as well. Thanks for putting the question out there.

Sent from the RWI App

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Ok, first thing you should specify what watch you have...model, maker, movement, etc. Depending on what you have this will dictate what you can actually do as far as mods. You would then need to source the parts, then speak with the modders here and find one willing and able to do the work...you might want to reach out to them before you buy any parts to verify that you have someone willing and able to do what you want done.

xakrofobiax

2/6/16
Maker - Noob, BP, GMF, KSF
model - GMT rootbeer, Batman
movement - A2836, all Rolex cloned movements

where do I source my own parts or is there a place that all members purchase their parts and then send in to the modders? Do modders stock these parts?

i was looking at the sponsored vendor forum and see that “Prof” does AR coating for watches. That’s perfect because if I need AR coating then I can send my watch to him. However, I read on posts where people say “prof xstal”. What does that mean?

applestooranges

Known Member
18/7/18
You have to source the parts either on here, when it pops up on the trade section, or on the assorted gen watch forums, chrono24, ebay or wherever they may surface.

Its no good just listing a bunch of makers like this, you need to find the specific base watch that you want to modify and then figure out its compatibility with genuine parts. Xstal is short-hand for crystal.

There are a few threads lying around on franken builds, just read up!

Reactions: Vox Optimatium

xakrofobiax

2/6/16
k so the specific watch I am looking at is the BP GMTMaster 2 Rootbeer w/Nickel Plated Asia 2836-2 Automatic GMT movement.
http://www.trustytime.club/index.php...ducts_id=19279

I would like to modify with Gen DW and Cyclops. Is that possible? If so, who can I reach out to that would do this kind of work? For instance, I have purchased a Hulk with a clark crystal from BK and love it. I am just wanting to add additional upgrades like a Gen date wheel and gen crystal to the watch when I purchase this rep. I have reached out to BK as well to see if he can source this particular watch or if I need to send to him to have these kind of mods done to it, etc. Not sure if that is something he will do either (me sending this rep to him to have upgrades done like the ones mentioned above)

Last edited: