• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Coinbase Help

Drewsak

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/2/19
I purchased through InTime. Already had a Coinbase account. I deposited more than enough money to cover the cost of my purchase. Used that money to buy bitcoin BUT Coinbase is holding the funds for 10 days. They will not let me send the funds out. Is there any way around this? Can I just send money (US Dollars) to the bitcoin address that was given to me by InTime for my purchase? I read that bitcoin was the best way to purchase but Coinbase is really messing this up. Now the money I deposited to pay for my watch is subject to the bitcoin market fluctuations for 10 days...could be good or bad...could end up paying more for the watch if bitcoin value continues to drop. So I need some help on what to do here.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: frankfrank

JayGar

29/12/18
I know that with my Coinbase account, there’s only a waiting period for withdrawals or transfers if I use an account to wire in the purchasing funds from an unconfirmed (as in not linked and tested with minimal deposits) account. If I use my debit card or linked bank account to fund Coinbase, then there is no waiting period. I can deposit funds, purchase Bitcoin/other crypto and then transfer out or use those coins to purchase goods immediately.
Have you linked your funding bank account with Coinbase?

Sent from my iPad using RWI

Reactions: Drewsak

Drewsak

20/2/19
I know that with my Coinbase account, there’s only a waiting period for withdrawals or transfers if I use an account to wire in the purchasing funds from an unconfirmed (as in not linked and tested with minimal deposits) account. If I use my debit card or linked bank account to fund Coinbase, then there is no waiting period. I can deposit funds, purchase Bitcoin/other crypto and then transfer out or use those coins to purchase goods immediately.
Have you linked your funding bank account with Coinbase?

Yes. I have 2 bank accounts linked and a debit card. I used my linked bank account to add the funds to my account. This isn’t the first time I have done this either. I’ve put money in my Coinbase before which is why I don’t understand. Customer service is no help. I just sit and watch the value of what I put in go down.

Sent from the RWI App

JayGar

29/12/18
Well it looks like I spoke too soon...I’m now in the same predicament as you. I just checked to see if I could use the funds that I deposited to and used to buy BTC on Coinbase yesterday and those funds are now on a 10 day hold. Something must have changed because I’ve never had this issue before. I guess the “instant” availability is only in reference to the ability to use the deposited funds to purchase crypto! Now I’m stuck moving BTC from my offline wallet over to cover my purchase and then replacing those coins with the Coinbase BTC once it’s available in 10 days. WTH

Drewsak

20/2/19
Well it looks like I spoke too soon...I’m now in the same predicament as you. I just checked to see if I could use the funds that I deposited to and used to buy BTC on Coinbase yesterday and those funds are now on a 10 day hold. Something must have changed because I’ve never had this issue before. I guess the “instant” availability is only in reference to the ability to use the deposited funds to purchase crypto! Now I’m stuck moving BTC from my offline wallet over to cover my purchase and then replacing those coins with the Coinbase BTC once it’s available in 10 days. WTH

Any idea what the fee is for using credit card through InTime? It mentions a possible 2% - 7% fee for using credit card. I can’t get an answer from InTime on this and I’ve sent multiple emails. I should’ve just used credit card in the first place but everyone made it sound like using Coinbase was easy. I hate Coinbase now...still waiting for the hold to be released on my money. After that I’m not using them again!

Sent from the RWI App

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
WTF is this in the awards section for? Dude, learn to put posts where they belong, please.

Moved

Drewsak

20/2/19
WTF is this in the awards section for? Dude, learn to put posts where they belong, please.

Moved

Sorry. It kept asking me to select a sub forum but there wasn’t anything general to select so I gave up. Thank you for moving trailboss99.

Sent from the RWI App

hm11esh

4/9/18
first of all don't use coinbase as their feees are higher.

Sign into G Dax aka coinbase pro with the same login details. then send the BTC to their wallet address.

Sometimes transfers can take a few days and in that time price fluctuates.

therefore I stay away from crypto payments and send by western union.

Reactions: rj999

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Sorry. It kept asking me to select a sub forum but there wasn’t anything general to select so I gave up. Thank you for moving trailboss99.

Sent from the RWI App

Why would you want to select a subforum of the Awards section which is where you were? Totally the wrong section mate. This post is appropriate in either general discussion or Flame Free Zone.

Drewsak

20/2/19

Sign into G Dax aka coinbase pro with the same login details. then send the BTC to their wallet address.

Thank you!!

Sent from the RWI App

Derinee

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/2/19
Europe

IMO. I am more than happy to pay little higher fee with coinbase because it is so easy to use and very reliable. I have never heard about BTC transfers taking few days. In fact westerm union takes at least a few days.

hm11esh

4/9/18
the transfers can take some time as they are dependant on the amount of transfer fees you paid. for a low fee the miners may not prioritise your transfer.

in my experience, I have known transfers to be completed within 3 days but there is a risk of losing the payment in cyber space so now I stick to Western Union

Derinee

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/2/19
Europe
the transfers can take some time as they are dependant on the amount of transfer fees you paid. for a low fee the miners may not prioritise your transfer.

in my experience, I have known transfers to be completed within 3 days but there is a risk of losing the payment in cyber space so now I stick to Western Union

Why you then suggest using lower fee services if they take longer? Usually you get the higher fees covered by the 5-6% discount you get from the TD for using BTC and BTC transfer is almost instant. So it is worth it. But each for their own.

hm11esh

4/9/18
You clearly don't understand.

Try them both and you will see what I mean.

I can't be bothered to explain

Leopold2

Horology Curious
23/2/19
Atlanta, GA
I tried Coinbase and I consider their service to be trash. I switched to Cash.app. It has its issues with hidden fees but minuscule in my opinion. Activating the wallet was a week long pain, but now I’m good to go for future purchases. I also want to give a shoutout to InTime... Ryan. He was very responsive and patient while I worked through my issues with Coinbase, which I ditched, and through my transition to Cash.app. Got my Rep in two days via DHL. It was amazing! I’m based in CONUS.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
I have used coinbase before. They are stringent, but I figured their commissions/fees is better than other options like bank wire or CC or WU.

First, transfer funds from bank. Keep funds in $ till transfer is cleared. Could take the 10 days or whatever.
After this waiting period, buy bitcoin and then transfer immediately.
At least, this is how it worked 6 months or so ago. If things have changed, then things have changed.

A TD wont mind waiting 2 weeks to receive your payment after your order. But just prior to transfer, reconfirm with TD to be safe.

If you want to be in a position to send bitcoins to TD immediately, transfer some $$ to coinbase account now, so after 2 weeks time you will be quick to draw and shoot.