• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Dying Watch

KS Watches

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/17
Hey everybody, been a while since I've visited RWI ever since the big crash.
My noob v7 sa3135 is starting to die just before hitting its 2 year mark. Wanted to ask you guys how you approach this situation. Should I just flat out buy a new replica or service/repair it. Since I live in the Middle East logistics will be an issue. If anybody has first hand experience shipping out I would love some help.

Sent from the RWI App

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
I believe SA3135 is difficult to repair due to lack of parts. Your option on this movement is very limited.

KS Watches

6/8/17
I believe SA3135 is difficult to repair due to lack of parts. Your option on this movement is very limited.

Sorry for the late reply, so what would you recommend. Movement is not completely dead, turns out it runs but when I rotate my wrist to a certain angle it stops in its tracks. When I rotate my wrist back it runs again.

Sent from the RWI App

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Because of your location, I suggest you buy a new rep with a known reliable and serviced movement. Some TDs, like Puretime, offer a servicing option.

KS Watches

6/8/17
Once initially serviced, the SH is very reliable. Right.

Any ideas how I would go about this. My biggest worry is sending it west and having it confiscated. If the yuki truly is reliable and long lasting wouldn't mind the few 100$ setback.

Sent from the RWI App

KS Watches

6/8/17
Because of your location, I suggest you buy a new rep with a known reliable and serviced movement. Some TDs, like Puretime, offer a servicing option.

So you recommend just buying a brand new 28xx v9 and have them service it at pure time before they send it. Since the sa3135 is riddled with issues

Sent from the RWI App

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
So you recommend just buying a brand new 28xx v9 and have them service it at pure time before they send it. Since the sa3135 is riddled with issues

Sent from the RWI App

Or buy one and have it shipped directly to a watchsmith either here in the US or EU for a movement service.

Gfpatt

Trusted Dealer
15/12/18
It could be something very simple. If you can take it apart to replace the movement, you can check first to see if there is a washer under the dial. I cant see it, so I would not know. But I looked on eBay and they are selling for about $200-270. That would be a Shanghai SA 3135. Would not just toss the watch if you purchase another, you could sell the parts right on here. Also, Would not purchase a Noob right now unless a TD has it in stock.

KS Watches

6/8/17
It could be something very simple. If you can take it apart to replace the movement, you can check first to see if there is a washer under the dial. I cant see it, so I would not know. But I looked on eBay and they are selling for about $200-270. That would be a Shanghai SA 3135. Would not just toss the watch if you purchase another, you could sell the parts right on here. Also, Would not purchase a Noob right now unless a TD has it in stock.

I think I’ll end up selling the watch at a great discount. I had my eyes on an arf anyways since I won’t be doing any mods. Ootb is my goal with maybe a service from the Td before it leaves.

Sent from the RWI App

Gfpatt

Trusted Dealer
15/12/18
I think I’ll end up selling the watch at a great discount. I had my eyes on an arf anyways since I won’t be doing any mods. Ootb is my goal with maybe a service from the Td before it leaves.

Sent from the RWI App

Good Luck!!

josmcg

13/3/18
Spend the money on a Yuki. Not cheap, but I understand they are reliable. There are also 3135 clones available on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KS Watches

6/8/17
Spend the money on a Yuki. Not cheap, but I understand they are reliable. There are also 3135 clones available on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going down the yuki path is what I’m leaning towards. Dump the old watch and get the arf sh3135 with a service. I think I’m done dealing with the sa3135, heard too many problems and I’m not educated enough on the subject to handle them.

Sent from the RWI App