• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do you get your OOTB Rep wet?

Spooky27

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/19
Do you'll trust your reps to be water resistant OOTB? I've had friends who had shitty- sub 100 dollar reps and got away with swimming, showering, etc. Never a single problem.

Now I have my first rep (ARF) I'm wondering if it's worth rolling the dice. (I'm a bit reluctant to take it off and leave it when in public pools, beach, etc.) I know that it is not going to be backed by the TD if water damage occurs, but wanted to know if any members have OOTB first hand experience.

Danii

I'm Pretty Popular
16/12/15
I would get it pressure rated first. It's a cheap price to pay for peace of mind buying a new watch. If I had to swim with a rep without getting it tested, I'd do it with a stock rep. Never a modded or a franken piece.

Reactions: Spooky27

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
i always wash them with soap when they arrive, you never know what nasty hands have touched them, or what happened around them in those warehouses where they are built.

Reactions: Skalini

grkpmpn69

Known Member
17/12/18
I second mari, I always wash with a light dish soap solution. Get it pressure tested, it's cheap and you'll have peace of mind.

555yedped

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/18
Cambridge
I have went swimming with my OOTB JF V3 15400 and ZF aquanaut with no issues but it’s really up to you to risk it

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
First I wash my hand with the new watch, then I shower. And if nothing happens I take it to the poolz then ocean. So far I've done it with all my reps, nothing happens. It's your risk.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lliu31

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/2/17
NYC
Yeah I talk dirty to it and then seductively undress it from its bubble wrap.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
If its a decent mid to high price rep, and it's a screw down crown, yes. I go in the shlwer/pool/sea without thinking twice. Never had a problem (but I only get in the water with watches that are supposed to be water resistant like a Datejust, Submariner, Railmaster, Nautilus, etc)

I try to have them pressure tested anyway, but more just out of curiosity, to be fair.