• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for rep Seiko SRP309 Orange Monster

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
I really like your soxa mod was the 007/009 the base for mods or did you use a 7002

7002...it is the 2nd one I did. Sold the first on eBay then realized how much I really liked it. I originally used the Dagaz printed doxa bezel, but Harold over at Yobokies has a beautiful 2 step bezel that is out of this world. Plus Harold's BOR bracelet really makes it pop...the guy I sold my first mod to on eBay put it on a Uncle Seiko Razor bracelet...made me jealous!...Also used Alex's Crystaltimes coin edge bezel on it as well...it's one of my favorites, Thought about doing another in a SKX and dropping a 4R35 movement in it, but I just dropped $400 for the VSF Omega Spectre rep today...damn hobby.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
7002...it is the 2nd one I did. Sold the first on eBay then realized how much I really liked it. I originally used the Dagaz printed doxa bezel, but Harold over at Yobokies has a beautiful 2 step bezel that is out of this world. Plus Harold's BOR bracelet really makes it pop...the guy I sold my first mod to on eBay put it on a Uncle Seiko Razor bracelet...made me jealous!...Also used Alex's Crystaltimes coin edge bezel on it as well...it's one of my favorites, Thought about doing another in a SKX and dropping a 4R35 movement in it, but I just dropped $400 for the VSF Omega Spectre rep today...damn hobby.
Yes I've been eyeing yobokies soxa insert and plan to modnmy 7002 basically the same as yours

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Secret_Squrrel

Horology Curious
13/10/18
I have a Gen 2 Orange Monster. It was my first "real" watch and bought it 10-15 years ago. I remember thinking it so was so expensive but took the plung anyway. I love it and still have it. You can't go wrong with a Monster.

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
after seeing xj4sonx Gen3 Jade Monster...and bombarded by Long Island Watch about their new shipments of Gen3 monsters...just pulled the trigger!

Last edited:

ACL-REP

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/5/19
Seattle, WA
I'm always amazed at the value for the money you get with Seiko.

I have a few. My SKX009J1 can be sitting for a month or two and as soon as I barely move it once, it starts ticking away.
I have surfed with it and banged it around more times than I know and it keeps amazing time! I actually like the non hacking non wind-able movement. (so simple and just works!)

And my 6139 Pogue is the one my dad gave me recently after I was infatuated with it as a kid. That's the watch that made me fall in love with automatics!

Scttfssll

Horology Curious
26/9/19
Central Florida
Seiko has some amazing dive watches. I have a super rare SNM035 Land Monster and I love it. Big , heavy, formidable watch. Definitely know when your wearing it.