• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

15 days and no QC

Badseed

Horology Curious
11/2/19
What’s a reasonable amount of time to wait for QC?
I purchased from Tony on 2/12. No QC and now no response to emails??

Sent from the RWI App

slavearm

Horology Curious
11/2/19
Normally with Tony less than a week. Because I am in the middle of a TD experience/comparison writeup, I will tell you they all have huge backlogs atm. I also think there are some factory issues catching back up.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Badseed

Horology Curious
11/2/19
I chose tony over another TD because of his reviews. Many said fast response and shipping.

I can understand a factory issue causing delays, but not replying to emails after payment has been sent and many attempts to communicate...smells bad!

hackkakid

18/1/19
Merica
There are a lot of people on standby waiting for the factories and TD's to get everything moving again. Just be patient, this happens every year in China and these watch guys get back up and running much faster than some of the others who manufacture and source products for my businesses.

The wait sucks, but your order will be processed soon enough.

If you are obnoxiously messaging the TD's during this time period, you can probably expect them to put your order at the back of the line.

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
I bet your watch is out of stock. It happened to me a while ago. No one contacted me for a month then “Dear sir, the watch is out of stock. Please pick a different model”

I selected a different watch, paid the difference, got the qc then the watch arrived 2 weeks later.

2 months total. I am not a noobie so I am not fussy about no contact and long wait.

Tommastie

Known Member
Certified
18/8/18
The longest I have ever waited for a watch was more than 2 months. I finally decided to change my order because it was out of stock. Don’t worry these dealers won’t run away with your money

Badseed

Horology Curious
11/2/19
Update:

Tony responded to my email. He indicates their is an issue with production being slower than expected.
He expects the watch I ordered to be available within the week.

Reactions: milzcastro

wes911

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/2/19
USA
I was in a similar situation. Got a email from my TD this morning the watch I ordered "will be restocked after 40 days" and "do you think you can change to any other model please?' Not sure if I should wait or try and get a refund because this is the one I really want. This is my first order though so I am inexperienced. Does anyone have a opinion if 40 days means it will actually be available in 40 days or is there really no way of telling? I mean I suppose I could wait 40 days but I dont want to wait 40 days only to find out it still will not be available.

Badseed

Horology Curious
11/2/19
Update
Apparently my TD can’t get any noob submariners. Is anybody else waiting for noob from their dealers?
Since it’s been almost a month for me. I decided to pick a different watch. Went with an ARF.
Now I wait for QC pics again...

bubblegummers

Known Member
15/12/18
Just been told Noob 116519 not available and don't know when it will be available