• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I wonder if someone showed up wearing a REP?

rek0001

1/1/13
I read the article and was wondering the same - a room with subdued lighting, lots of people and distractions, booze, would you get away with wearing a NWBIG rep?
I assume watch collectors don't know THAT much about how to ID a rep from a gen.

I wouldn't have the guts to do it though.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I read the article and was wondering the same - a room with subdued lighting, lots of people and distractions, booze, would you get away with wearing a NWBIG rep?
I assume watch collectors don't know THAT much about how to ID a rep from a gen.

I wouldn't have the guts to do it though.

I think you wouldn't even need for it to be a super-rep, just a closed caseback high quality rep without any glaring tell. Now it would take some guts to have it photographed by Hodinkee so that it shows up in their article :)

Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I think you wouldn't even need for it to be a super-rep, just a closed caseback high quality rep without any glaring tell. Now it would take some guts to have it photographed by Hodinkee so that it shows up in their article :)

I would do it with my PAM 382 if I had a GEN strap. Having my photo taken, grinning like an idiot, not so sure! You will have watch experts WW examining those pic in HD. They will even show up here ( case in point )

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
I would have showed up with my Caddell sub with the white on black date, red seconds, and red Caddell print. People would be all over it.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Bloody hell, what's that, a banana plantation? There are more guys there than in a roman sauna. I would never show up there, either with reps or gens, until I saw some gulrz in that party. Hang on, I can't even call it party because there are no girls! SMH!

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Bloody hell, what's that, a banana plantation? There are more guys there than in a roman sauna. I would never show up there, either with reps or gens, until I saw some gulrz in that party. Hang on, I can't even call it party because there are no girls! SMH!

Well it is New York, wet pussy is never far off!!

Reactions: Hinclimincli

sketchAG

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/1/19
Canada, eh
rep, nah, but maybe one of these

takara-kronoform-02.jpg

Reactions: Hinclimincli

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Couple of datejusts could be rep and we cant know