• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Am I screwed? 3 weeks at customs.

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
2019-03-29 18:42
Inbound Into Customs -> Your item is being processed by United States Customs.

2019-04-23 12:02
Your item is being transferred to Rolex and Audemars Piguet for additional services and be updated with all genuine parts before delivery.

GarySul

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/4/17
That sounds rough, did not think customs could tell the difference on such good reps... best of luck hopefully the trusted dealer helps you out.

sinsir

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/11
2019-03-29 18:42
Inbound Into Customs -> Your item is being processed by United States Customs.

2019-04-23 12:02
Your item is being transferred to Rolex and Audemars Piguet for additional services and be updated with all genuine parts before delivery.

Wow! It's not funny to you but that's a mighty fine smartass update by customs. That's a delivery you probably won't accept! You asked for a letter and now a bit more...

I'm guessing it's not the tells of the watch that tipped them off. Probably more to do with declared value, country of origin, and sent as a repair. No sane person would send those two gens under declared so much, without insurance across the globe from China, looking new but for repair. Its not horological prowess. As uncommon as common sense is these days it doesn't take much to know what's going on.

Last edited:

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
There is no letter, no update, no nothing...its pretty much 99.99999% gone.

The "fake" update is meant to be a joke.

HospitalityConsultant

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/7/18
USA
Got my first customs letter today on a shipment that was seized in NYC back in November.

How are people handling this letter-just ignore, write back and abandon the property?

I do not need a civil penalty I can tell you that much

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Redfoot

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/4/19
California
Got my first customs letter today on a shipment that was seized in NYC back in November.

How are people handling this letter-just ignore, write back and abandon the property?

I do not need a civil penalty I can tell you that much

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Email a copy to the TD. Hopefully you chose one that has a customs replacement policy. If you did, they should be able to sort you out no problem.

superh3ro

Known Member
26/3/17
Email a copy to the TD. Hopefully you chose one that has a customs replacement policy. If you did, they should be able to sort you out no problem.

unfortunately it was from a private seller on this forum :/ not his fault, just a shitty situation overall

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
Today marks a full month for me. Funny I thought I'd get at least a letter in 2 weeks ...blah blah...... nada..

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
I spoke too soon...got the letter today. Lol

However the letter only addresses the AP and not the Rolex eventhough they were shipped together. I guess there is another one coming..lol