• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The perfect summer/casual watch

Baleno3

Known Member
10/2/19
As a newbie I'm excited to learn watches beyond my usual grasp (and still are in reality) are now available to me in reps. I have a genuine Tag Indy 500 (can post if anyone interested) and lovely Breitling Super Ocean Rep and genuine (I think!) Black Armani Ceramica. These however are more formal and I'm looking for something that would suit the Alan Partridge Sports casual definition. Tag seem to have a few options but finding a good rep on these seems a challenge.

Very interested in the https://chazingtime04.co/products/p...ange-bezel-white-dial-nylon-strap-a9900-black /

What would be your casual watch (rep) if you were to drive down the champs-elysees in your action slacks?

patrickseacoast

Renowned Member
12/12/14
Charleston SC
Just my two cents:

Tudor Pelagos Blue
Any Pepsi gmt-master
Breitling Superocean 2 44 Blue
Tudor Heritage Chrono Blue
Any Shark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Baleno3

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
sorry that Omega looks very cheap and "rep-ish", would go for a superrep instead. Maybe a ROO Diver? A Panerai 390?

CanRep

13/10/18
My Tudor black bay shield (black bezel) on a light brown Watchgecko highley strap. In my opinion, there is no sharper casual look out there right now. Scroll halfway down this page to get an idea:

https://www.watchgecko.com/the-tudor-black-bay-review/​​​​​​

The Rep is incredibly close. I was in looking at the real deals, and the Rep black bays are so incredibly close. Just my 2 cents, but right now it's my absolute favorite Rep and casual look on the leather!

exrazile

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/15
Probably a Sea Dweller or two. Maybe a 43 and a 16600, switching off now and again?

Taz71

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/6/16
Parts Unknown
Here are my go to casual watches:
1. DSSD - Black dial
2. IWC Chrono on nato
3 Zenith Bronze pilot on leather nato

Baleno3

Known Member
10/2/19
Some great options there to think about. A cheap Omega 'rep' is definitely not what I'm after so will look at Superrep watches and above suggestions.

The UK is having a very minor heat wave for the time of year so casual may come in sooner than expected!

Reactions: Taz71

Domisus

Renowned Member
28/3/18
Austria
My suggestions:

- Tudor BlackBay 58
- IWC Mark 18

if you like Omega the Seamaster 300 Spectre is pretty cheap right now (intime)

Reactions: Baleno3

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
....something that would suit the Alan Partridge Sports casual definition...

i think you need an early 80s reference with happy character. I saw recently a beatiful GEN piece of zodiac in US sales that is so succesfully designed
that makes me like its' swiss quartz movement.

It's the Grandrally and has a very decent price for its quality. The one from our sales is genuine steal . :lolzor: