• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Please tell: Which watch do you find absolutely hideous, but is generally adored here on RWI?

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
giphy.gif

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
New submariner. I like the design, i like the structure, the feeling etc. It's so common that i can't stand it.
I've seen it so many times that i got tired...

ROXOLO

Known Member
9/12/18
-Breitlings are a mixed bag - some nice, some ugly
-most watches with over complicated dials
-diamond indexes are tacky as hell
-cartier pasha with the amovible grill in front of crystal
-Richard mille are bulky and atrocious but I do like the skull one as a tacky accessory. Would not buy the gen if I was Bill Gates even.
-some rolex daytonas two tone with golden dials look fake even when bought from an AD

Reactions: Danii and rj999

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
The inherent trap here is that whatever I insult today, I'll probably find an affinity for in 6 months or 6 years ...

But with the forethought of eating crow haha, I cannot stand most Omegas, Breitlings, RMs, Hublots, anything with gemstones and anything with skulls. I'm pretty sure I'm safe on the last two ...

I also cannot (despite multiple attempts) fall in love with Rolex. I've had gens and reps and either way I'm left underwhelmed. Not a fan of ridiculous reps that really have no business being produced. ALS, VC and PP examples come to mind -- with the Sky Moon being the most laughable example.

Wildcatfan

13/2/18
AP ROO's and Panerai, although for some reason I have to stop myself from buying them. I keep thinking I must be missing something. It's like watching a train wreck.

Last edited:

exrazile

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/15
Answering the OP directly...

AP ROO and all the Panerais. I keep trying to like them, since I know they’re good reps, but I just think they’re gross.

SikRipAndPanic

The answer is yes but what was the question
Supporter
7/2/17
London / Essex Area
Fantastic thread this, shows the true mix of humanity and taste
How someone can loath an planet ocean and yet wear a gold and diamond Rolex with pride is a mystery to me.

Just goes to prove as a race of bipeds we all different and special in our own way.

I for one will stop hating the watch but instead start loving the wearer.

Peace brothers

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
The inherent trap here is that whatever I insult today, I'll probably find an affinity for in 6 months or 6 years ...

But with the forethought of eating crow haha, I cannot stand most Omegas, Breitlings, RMs, Hublots, anything with gemstones and anything with skulls. I'm pretty sure I'm safe on the last two ...

I also cannot (despite multiple attempts) fall in love with Rolex. I've had gens and reps and either way I'm left underwhelmed. Not a fan of ridiculous reps that really have no business being produced. ALS, VC and PP examples come to mind -- with the Sky Moon being the most laughable example.

Go on, admit it. The only watch you like is the one on the front of your cellphone..:confused::hypnotized::D

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Fantastic thread this, shows the true mix of humanity and taste
How someone can loath an planet ocean and yet wear a gold and diamond Rolex with pride is a mystery to me.

Just goes to prove as a race of bipeds we all different and special in our own way.

I for one will stop hating the watch but instead start loving the wearer.

Peace brothers

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Now that you mention , planet ocean ! I wouldnt want it as a gift !

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Breitling are in it to win it i see.

Yeah those dials have more symbols than a 2000 pages book man...what’s nice about em i also dont know

Reactions: Rush

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Go on, admit it. The only watch you like is the one on the front of your cellphone..:confused::hypnotized::D

Hahaha -- unfortunately not. I have a rather broad collection of reps, gens and microbrands and I suppose what ties them all together is that they are a little bit different than the prototypical class (dress, sub, tool) of watch without being so unique that they burn retinas. Subtle differentiation I suppose you could call it ...

Reactions: rj999