• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Please tell: Which watch do you find absolutely hideous, but is generally adored here on RWI?

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Tastes differ, which is a good thing.
But which watch wouldn't you want to be found dead wearing, that other members here think is the pinnacle of good taste?

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
I really can’t stand Breitlings: both the hyperbusy small number ones and the ugly 90s looking ones. But I see so many people posting about them...

That's terrible! lol

Reactions: Rush

fuzzmex

2/9/17
I really can’t stand Breitlings: both the hyperbusy small number ones and the ugly 90s looking ones. But I see so many people posting about them...

I know where you 're coming from; most of their dials are too flashy for me too.
I have a SOH II though, which I really love....:eek:

Reactions: Rush

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
To me, anything two tone steel and gold, particularly Rolex, gen or rep, looks like something you'd win at a fun fair or a raffle.

As a booby prize! Totally with you on that.

Kdawggy

Known Member
3/4/18
Richard Mille watches are tacky as hell. Anyone who knows about watches isn't going to believe it's real unless you're stepping out of a McLaren, and anyone who doesn't know about watches is going to think you won it in a claw machine. Perhaps the most pointless thing ever to be repped.

But while we're at it: Bell & Ross, the Konstantin Chaykin Joker (in what situation would an adult human man actually wear this?), and anything with yellow gold (especially two-tone).

Also, (modern) Subs are boring. Sure, the design is timeless, but they're far too common (both gen and rep) to be interesting.

Baleno3

Known Member
10/2/19
As a newbie looking to get in to some serious reps I'm not interested in (but obviously a big market)

1: Rolex - Never in a million years would I get away with wearing one - Del Boy or Rodney instant label (Omega I might try though!)
2: As mentioned earlier Roman numerals on previous Breitlings
3. Weird skeleton watches
4. Audemars Piguet - Ugly to me