• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Please tell: Which watch do you find absolutely hideous, but is generally adored here on RWI?

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Tastes differ, which is a good thing.
But which watch wouldn't you want to be found dead wearing, that other members here think is the pinnacle of good taste?

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
I really can’t stand Breitlings: both the hyperbusy small number ones and the ugly 90s looking ones. But I see so many people posting about them...

That's terrible! lol

Reactions: Rush

fuzzmex

2/9/17
I really can’t stand Breitlings: both the hyperbusy small number ones and the ugly 90s looking ones. But I see so many people posting about them...

I know where you 're coming from; most of their dials are too flashy for me too.
I have a SOH II though, which I really love....:eek:

Reactions: Rush

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
To me, anything two tone steel and gold, particularly Rolex, gen or rep, looks like something you'd win at a fun fair or a raffle.

As a booby prize! Totally with you on that.

Kdawggy

Known Member
3/4/18
Richard Mille watches are tacky as hell. Anyone who knows about watches isn't going to believe it's real unless you're stepping out of a McLaren, and anyone who doesn't know about watches is going to think you won it in a claw machine. Perhaps the most pointless thing ever to be repped.

But while we're at it: Bell & Ross, the Konstantin Chaykin Joker (in what situation would an adult human man actually wear this?), and anything with yellow gold (especially two-tone).

Also, (modern) Subs are boring. Sure, the design is timeless, but they're far too common (both gen and rep) to be interesting.

Baleno3

Known Member
10/2/19
As a newbie looking to get in to some serious reps I'm not interested in (but obviously a big market)

1: Rolex - Never in a million years would I get away with wearing one - Del Boy or Rodney instant label (Omega I might try though!)
2: As mentioned earlier Roman numerals on previous Breitlings
3. Weird skeleton watches
4. Audemars Piguet - Ugly to me