• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Please tell: Which watch do you find absolutely hideous, but is generally adored here on RWI?

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
I hate those ugly Patek Nautilus...And never i would wear a AP ROO

Taz71

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/6/16
Parts Unknown
Diesel "watches"
couldn't even accept those pile of shit are called watches

original.jpg

I had to do a double check, I thought it was a hub cap at first!!!!

Reactions: leo6929

LT_UTC

Known Member
5/3/17
CH
But you are a huge fan of NIXON watches?

ABSOLUTELY...back when I was fourteen:sFun_oldguy:

My statement was in regard to luxury watches, although I am sure I'll find many more to dislike haha

Cheers

batman007

Known Member
13/2/18
Any PAM. They are made for divers, not for human beings walking on two feet.

not agree, PAM111, 312 are really beautiful and classy watches ! of course if you got a 6" wrist they are too big, but on my 8.2" they look perfect

Reactions: jamilton

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
Any watches over 50mm in diameter.
Thus the entire U-Boat watches are hideous.

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Having seen this thread develop, it seems to me that Panerai, Breitling, Hublot and Audemars Piguet (particularly ROO) are the most divisive brands.
They have as many devotees as adversaries.
In general there's not a lot of love here for extravagant and conspicuous watches like Richard Mille, U-boat, Bell & Ross or Jacob & Co.

I myself like only a few watches and I tend to go by design rather than just horological pedigree.
My other "rule" is that it should be a watch that I can reasonably afford in real life.
The Calatrava and the Nautilus are truly gorgeous watches I think, but financially off limits to me.
Most Rolex models are in that same category, but frankly I would never buy one, even if I could afford them.

I know many here are big Rolex fans, so what I am about to write may be like having a dump on the church floor.
Firstly, they are so ubiquitous and recognizable that they have become a cliché.
I quite like the Submariner for its classic design and all, but it is mostly worn by folk who could never ever afford to buy a genuine one (here in The Netherlands anyway).
Wearing any one Rolex model you're bound to be asked "is it real?", even by people who know bugger all about watches.
It's a bit like those Canada Goose coats, you just know that 99% of the ones you see are fake.

Secondly, and more a matter of personal taste, I think most current Rolex design is really rather boring and parochial, if not outright ugly.
They have revolting colour schemes and hideous two tone- and gold models, Bluesy's, Hulks or whatever they're called; I find them very unpleasing to the eyes.
I think Tudor, as far as design goes, has the upper hand on its bigger brother.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Any Pam they all look the same to me, and I've never understood the appeal of AP's ROO's they just look chunky and cheap to me

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
AP Roo on a Horus camo strap is one of the worst things ever created.

ICEMAN-Hoyle

Known Member
1/12/18
I had to do a double check, I thought it was a hub cap at first!!!!

LOL!

I actually ordered this for Xmas and had to send it back as 66mm looked like a car piece on my large 8.7inch Hobbit wrists! What made it worse was that the strap wouldn't even fit my wrist which was weird for such a large piece?!

diesel-mr.-daddy-2.0-black-dial-men_s-chronograph-watch-dz7313.jpg

Reactions: Taz71

fuzzmex

2/9/17
The Cartier Santos :sick-1:

That's an interesting choice.
Is it the roman numerals?
Other than that there's nothing specific about it.
I find it rather bland and boring more than anything.

sinsir

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/11
Three brands I have yet to find one I like. Admittedly I've thought about picking one up at some point or another. Thats not saying much as I have done the same for about every other watch I've come across.

Hublot
RM
UBoat

I can't get with GShock either, but I keep looking at them and thinking about picking one up. ROOs are a love hate relationship. Some I really do like and others I just can't. Hulk is another watch I dont get. I had one in my Rolex phase but it seemed such a waste for a watch I really only saw myself wearing one day a year. Anything with diamonds, gold, and two tone is a no go too. I do like the bluesy but on other people's wrist.

Those are pretty much the constants as my taste changes over time.

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
Three brands I have yet to find one I like. Admittedly I've thought about picking one up at some point or another. Thats not saying much as I have done the same for about every other watch I've come across.

Hublot
RM
UBoat

I can't get with GShock either, but I keep looking at them and thinking about picking one up. ROOs are a love hate relationship. Some I really do like and others I just can't. Hulk is another watch I dont get. I had one in my Rolex phase but it seemed such a waste for a watch I really only saw myself wearing one day a year. Anything with diamonds, gold, and two tone is a no go too. I do like the bluesy but on other people's wrist.

Those are pretty much the constants as my taste changes over time.

Early Hublot (MDM) were nice... but... they WERE.
I second your choice about most of the watches you named... (Hulk is a big no-no... but I would love to have a Kermit)

Reactions: fuzzmex