• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help finding a previous purchase.

sfmatt79

Horology Curious
2/3/10
Sausalito, Ca
This has been resolved as best as it could.

Hi all,
I made a purchase a few years back from a member here on RWI. I thought I would be able to find the thread easily at a later date, however I can’t seem to find the original sale thread. I don’t have any issues other than I’m trying to find the specs on the watch so that I can get some service done on it and be able to understand what I’m working with.

Ive looked through my profile and nothing shows up, I’ve searched and searched, but have come up empty or with way to many threads to look through.

I am very novice when it comes to this site and sure I am missing something that would make this easy, but can’t seem to figure it out. Hope someone can help me.

Thanks! And hope I’m not posting this in the wrong place.

Last edited:

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Do you remember the seller’s name?
did you post in the thread?
which watch was it?
approx which year was it?

sfmatt79

Horology Curious
2/3/10
Sausalito, Ca
No I do not remember the sellers name

I’m 99.9% sure I posted in the thread, but can’t find any posts of mine.

Watch is a modded Rolex Sub Red 1680

It was about 5-6 years ago

I know the seller and I sent messages to each other, but have nothing in my message box, have they all been moved/archived/lost in a site update?

Last edited:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
No I do not remember the sellers name

I’m 99.9% sure I posted in the thread, but can’t find any posts of mine.

Watch is a modded Rolex Sub Red 1680

It was about 5-6 years ago

I now the seller and I sent messages to each other, but have nothing in my message box, have they all been moved/archived/lost in a site update?

Unfortunately there was a crash about a year ago, and all messages prior to December 2017 were lost. I would suggest you reach out to one of the mods to see if the original sale was archived. I do empathize with you, however I think that the information you're looking for is gone. yllekp Raddave , perhaps you can offer better insight into if the sales thread would even still exist?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Looking at the sale section, unless there's a hidden archive it's gone. One of them I should be able to answer this. The problem is even if there is an archive, I don't think it's going to be able to be found with the little information that you have on the piece. you might do better to just post a bunch of pictures in the Rolex section and see if anyone can help give you more pointed information on it

sfmatt79

Horology Curious
2/3/10
Sausalito, Ca
Thanks for the response. Makes sense about the messages. I'll wait and see if a mod or someone else will read this and chime in and offer assistance and or a solution. If not, not big deal.

I am looking for the specs so I can pass on the info to have the watch serviced. It's keeping less than spectacular time these days. Also need the bezel, insert and pearl reset.

I love the piece and wear it often, but it is just time to give it a little help. Perhaps someone will point me in the direction of someone that may help me on that front as well.

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
What specs are you looking for specifically? Is it as simple as needing to identify the movement?

I only ask because perhaps one of us members could help without you needing to search for the original sales thread.

sfmatt79

Horology Curious
2/3/10
Sausalito, Ca
What specs are you looking for specifically? Is it as simple as needing to identify the movement?

I only ask because perhaps one of us members could help without you needing to search for the original sales thread.

Yes, the specs in general were all I really needed. I don't recall the movement, This is what concerns me most as the watch runs pretty fast. I'm guessing it just needs a tune up, but I really have no idea. I do remember some of the parts/crystal was genuine, but again I'm not sure about anything at this point.

The seller had solid ratings and I remember that I was told via the sale thread that I got a solid deal on a solid piece from a solid seller, or something along those lines. I think I paid $700 ish maybe.

I'd like to find someone on this site to whom I can send the watch to have it "gone through"

Maybe some one can send me in the direction of someone that can help me out.

Last edited:

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Yes, the specs in general where all I really needed. I don't recall the movement, This is what concerns me most as the watch runs pretty fast. I'm guessing it just needs a tune up, but I really have no idea. I do remember some of the parts/crystal was genuine, but again I'm not sure about anything at this point.

The seller had solid ratings and I remember that I was told via the sale thread that I got a solid deal on a solid piece from a solid seller, or something along those lines. I think I paid $700 ish maybe.

I'd like to find someone on this site to whom I can send the watch to have it "gone through"

Maybe some one can send me in the direction of someone that can help me out.

There are only a few threads from 2013-2016 in the sales section that mention”solid” but none of them are for a 1680

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Post some pictures and see if anyone can help you identify the parts. Also, open caseback and get a movement picture. Where are you located? That will determine the best person to send it to.

sfmatt79

Horology Curious
2/3/10
Sausalito, Ca
Nivka solid was just the word I used, not necessary what was said.

I'll try and get a few photos, I'm not sure how to open the case or sure I want to.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
photos...and maybe send a mod his ppaddress in pm, could be the same as his regular emailaddress...Did you try that as I guess you have your ppinfo still?

sfmatt79

Horology Curious
2/3/10
Sausalito, Ca
I thought about the PP option, but looks like PP does't go back more than 3 years.

Any way...here is what I'm working with. The watch is dirty, yes I know, but I wear it often and definitely beat it up.
The pearl as you can see needs to be reset and the Bezel does not turn unless I really turn it hard in which case the insert does not turn.

Let me know what you think I might have here and what my best option are for a refresh.

I'm located in San Francisco, Ca

face61dc7d41a0ca7b62.md.jpg

sidecrown969f5192dec7a439.md.jpg

sideba149a2fcf5a3872.md.jpg

watchback20eff305e6755f97.md.jpg

sfmatt79

Horology Curious
2/3/10
Sausalito, Ca
I've reached out to mods, seems the older posts are lost or nearly impossible to find.

thanks to anyone who offered assistance.

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
It’s probably a moot point anyway...whether it’s a Swiss eta, Asian clone or a 21j, whichever watchsmith you send it to will be able to tell straight away and give you a quote once he knows what the issue is