• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2019 baselworld perdictions

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Lets get it rolling what do you think we will see this year
Saw this Tudor mockup else where and I dig it.
Will will see this from Tudor?

I personal think Tudor will do a Blue 58

I hope Rolex does a SS blue dial blue insert 114060 no date sub
bc1ca68a207af0deb0346faa52566bcb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Nivka

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Rolex - Milgauss, Sub - new movement.

Tudor - Same as last year: more Black Bays.

^ I dig that mockup as well. But I’m sceptical they’ll do anything without snowflakes.

patrickseacoast

Renowned Member
12/12/14
Charleston SC
The first Submariner with a date, the ref 1680 was released in 1969, will we see a 50th anniversary model with a red ‘Submariner’ on the dial?

RedSub_Concept-489x768.jpg

I concur. How cool or possibly crap blueberry model GMT be for Rolex? Smurf even. Maybe they’ll play the millennial game and try to (and they won’t I’m sure) partner with a luxury brand ie Supreme/Tiffany’s to mix some nostalgia with some modern? I’m Blantons small batch bourbon heavy so vet accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Luxuracer

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
I concur. How cool or possibly crap blueberry model GMT be for Rolex? Smurf even. Maybe they’ll play the millennial game and try to (and they won’t I’m sure) partner with a luxury brand ie Supreme/Tiffany’s to mix some nostalgia with some modern? I’m Blantons small batch bourbon heavy so vet accordingly.

Well i think its unlkkely to collab with a brand at least from my own behalf even if they did that's not gonna be Tiffany's.
I think blueberry GMT would be nice throwback but highly doubt about it still we can pray about it

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
OP looks sweet.
Maybe an 116613 LV or 116618 LV?
Blue dial on the explorer 1?
Coke GMT would be cool, but probably not after the Pepsi last year?
heaps of people are guessing the milgaus is due for an update. It’s never floated my boat though

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
OP looks sweet.
Maybe an 116613 LV or 116618 LV?
Blue dial on the explorer 1?
Coke GMT would be cool, but probably not after the Pepsi last year?
heaps of people are guessing the milgaus is due for an update. It’s never floated my boat though

Im on the other side I believe they will discontinue the Milgauss...

Rolex - I think they will do a new sub with jubilee
Tudor - I think a new sub aswell. also have a feeling they are going to introduce more colours for the black bay.

As already highlighted the first rolex sub 1680 was 50yrs ago. the last tudor sub was 20yrs ago. two big milestones!

I was going to pick up a tudor gmt from my AD but have decided to hold of until after baselworld..see what comes about then.

sjpadams

Known Member
14/1/19
Im on the other side I believe they will discontinue the Milgauss...

Rolex - I think they will do a new sub with jubilee
Tudor - I think a new sub aswell. also have a feeling they are going to introduce more colours for the black bay.

As already highlighted the first rolex sub 1680 was 50yrs ago. the last tudor sub was 20yrs ago. two big milestones!

I was going to pick up a tudor gmt from my AD but have decided to hold of until after baselworld..see what comes about then.

There was talk about discontinue of Milgauss I bought gen white dial for that reason. You never know .. in 20 years.. it’s not my favourite watch I must admit. Someone last year showed me a mock up of explorer 2 with ceramic bezel it looked amazing but I don’t think there was any sudstance to it !

Sent from the RWI App

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
GMT Coke and Sub with 3236.
This is my guess for Rolex

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

13stepper

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/3/19
We have the Rolex GMT Master II Pepsi last year .... It's time to release the Rolex GMT Master II Coke

Rolex-GMT-Master-II-Coke-Black-red-Bezel-Jubilee-Calibre-3285-ref-126710RONR-Rolex-Baselworld-2019-Rolex-2019-Predictions-1.jpg

I agree but it may be released in White Gold.

The white gold Pepsi is discontinued.

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
Milgauss with ceramic bezel and Sub with 3235. They will not touch the gmt

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Teaser says about new watches.
The second one is YM, this is YM lug profile for sure.
The first one I guess is sub with the updated movement and red submariner writing.

I guess they will introduce a coke GMT too, in precious metal first - currently pepsi in the precious metal makes no sense, wondering who buys them(?).
Not sure isn't it just too early for the coke. pepsi in steel is still pretty hot.

Regarding Tudor, as per their IG it seems to be sub, will be interesting to see their interperation and how does it differs from Rolex.
Plus, I bet one BB58 in a new colour.