• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Casual watches

sketchAG

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/1/19
Canada, eh
casual ... nothing blingy, basically, in general not yellow/rose gold, no gems, no stones, but there's always exceptions to the rule, but in general, nothing blingy, nothing that attracts too much attention to the watch

Hanifcd

Horology Curious
15/2/19
I used my Datejust and Heuer Monza as my daily watch. Also, Tag Heuer Formula 1 and a Ferrari Jumbo for rugged activities but at the moment it's my Milgauss for everything.

applestooranges

Known Member
18/7/18
Do any of you find SS steel bracelets get uncomfy after a few hours? I only have SS not tried any other straps yet

first buy is gonna be Aqua terra GMT I think, almost certain, i just need to try one on in store first

You just gotta fiddle with the sizing a bit, and move the links around so that the clasp sits at a comfortable spot on your wrist. TBH i find bracelets more comfortable than straps because of the better weight distribution. But its got to be the right size, and that takes a bit of patience to get right.

OT: Haven't given it much thought but my casual daily wears these days are either the hulk or a radiomir on a low key strap.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Breitling Navitimer 8. It's relatively inexpensive rep wise, great AR, it's 41mm, no numbers on the bezel and is excellent as a casual watch. I love mine. I also have the avenger gmt which has the blingy, luxury casual look and it goes great with jeans and t-shirt as well as polo's though probably hard to find now. Other notable mentions, I'm also not a huge fan of numbers on bezels (except Breitling metal bezels) are the AP diver which could have lots of strap options and isn't huge. Their non divers are only ok and I'm also not really an AP fan. Their proportions are off on the regular three hand models. The dial markers are too small with too much empty space in the dials for me but there are lots of AP fans here. And lastly, I think the Omega Aqua Terra is a fine choice and probably the best for you if you're not a Breitling fan. I'm not a huge omega fan but I absolutely love the aqua terra I have. I have the grey older version with date window frame. I would say it's also blingy luxury casual and is probably what I would call the best technical execution of case finishing I can think of. And that goes for genuine watches as well. Extremely sharp brush/polish transitions, good crystal, interesting dial and the finish on the hands is also a mix of brushed and polished. Visually stunning to look at. I don't even wear mine, I just look at it.

zRxTe.jpg

zRCCI.jpg

zc4tg.jpg

Reactions: Dmage

Kyle_d

10/2/19
United Kingdom
That breitling navi8 is really nice not seen that style before. I saw one of the more detailed navis (I think navi1 chrono) instore recently and that was really nice too. yes think the aqua terra is a great watch.

Also I really like IWC I'm keeping an eye on the forums, there is a really good rep of the annual calendar out.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Don't know if you can find one, but this is probably one of the more casual options I have ever had:

Other than that, the Ocean Rover on khaki NATO I'm wearing right now is also very casual, and a hell of a watch:

(why can't I upload a hi-res version of pics with picr.me, by the way?)

doughboy1

Horology Curious
16/2/19
USA
I have contacts within the construction industry and many do not wear luxury sports watches. I see them with Seikos/Casios and their watches have taken a beating. Of course, if you're a GM/Sales Manager within construction, then I think that a utilitarian watch like the Speedmasters looks great for daily/casual wear.

On gen Speedmasters, the glass is hesalite and get scratched easily (you can rebuff it) but on a replica, I believe they come with sapphire glass.

Kyle_d

10/2/19
United Kingdom
I wouldn't be wearing it at work lol my point of working in construction was that I only get to wear them usually on weekends or if we do something on an evening.. I don't wear smart clothing daily and never wear a suit or shirt unless an event.

doughboy1

Horology Curious
16/2/19
USA
Oh, got it. I was going to say that you would be sporting the most bling in your group at work! LOL. Apologies for my misunderstanding. I'm still a fan of the Omegas/Breitlings since they're not outrageously expensive (gen's, that is) and suit most casual outfits well. I like the SS straps more than leather bands for casual wear...sporty and practical! :)

hackkakid

18/1/19
Merica
The IWC's, TAG's and Omega's wear pretty casually depending on your strap and are reasonably priced as gens. Not sure about the friends/crowd you run in, but sometimes pulling of a $20k+ watch like the AP's or Patek's is a little tough...

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Consoder the JF v7 diver and the pam111. Both nwbig. If you get them along with your aqua terra, you’ll have a very versatile collection

Avoug.jpg

Kyle_d

10/2/19
United Kingdom
Pam111 is on my list along with 088, 253 & 531.

not a huge ap fan, I'd have one but there's so many others I like more.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
There's also the Tudor Black Bay 36, actually. It ticks all the boxes: metal bracelet, simple yet elegant, sturdy and reliable, etc.

Check these threads, plenty of info there:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...bay-36mm-rep-v-gen-comparison-new-super-clone

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/tudor/7485255-black-bay-36-krf-vs-gen-comparison

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/tudor/7185223-tudor-black-bay-36mm-black-blue-out

I have the gen and it's probably one of the best value watches ever. Essentially you get a 36mm Rolex Explorer for the price of a Tag Heuer.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
My go to casual watches:
Breitling Avenger Seawolf...has a big wrist presence

Breitling avenger II GMT, usually with aero or ocean racer gen straps but canvas is another option
6B04123A-EFA4-427E-BA22-59C315D8DBC02aeca7f468b1c86d.jpg

And of course the Omega Aqua Terra white dial with gen dark brown leather strap and gen deployant...love this combo
4603786D-8592-4B05-87A0-E8712B16E97B6ea0eead386d9739.jpg

Also good on the polishe/ brushed ss bracelet
IMG_151754c3d4e06e635486.jpg

This!

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I work in sales so I have to be approachable. I.e Rolex Hulks, Daytonas, TT are counterproductive for me at work. If I only have office days I will splurge into more exotic watches. Omega no gold watches work great for casual settings, casual meetings, so do Explorer 1 & oyster perpetual 39. Stylish but not over the top.

A bigger Omega also is a nice causal watch

If super causal I prefer to use my Seikos. Amazing watches, zero status, tool pieces. Or my new watch 4.

Reactions: Kyle_d