• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How noisy is the Miyota in the Pelagos

Cameronh212

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/12/17
Looking for any advice on people’s experiences with the Miyota in the Tudor Pelagos, is it really that noisy ? Or can you only hear it up close, any videos would be ideal, not sure if it’s worth going for a ZF with A2824 if I can get a hold of one, or just go for a XF ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Almog

Known Member
22/5/18
I've had a V6F Pelagos with a Miyota movement for almost a year now. While the movement isn't silent, I wouldn't call it noisy; if you put it to your ear you would hear it spin, and sometimes in a very quiet room or in my car I would hear it, but it's sort of a low "swish" sound, not anything more.
bottom line - beautiful watch, Miyota keeps great time for me.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I have had about a half dozen watches with the miyota 9015 automatic movement & they are all relatively loud. The noise comes from the fact that the movement only winds when the rotor is moving in 1 direction. When it spins the other way it spins freely and makes a strange noise.

It bothers some people a lot and not so much for others. Give it a try and see what you think. If it doesn't bother you, the movement keeps great time and is considered a very good movement.

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
The 9015 movement is loud enough that my wife said she could hear spinning sound when I move my arm. But the room was quiet then, and she was right next to me. I doubt anyone can hear the rotor a few meters away. If that bothers you, have the rotor bearing oil/grease to silence the noise.

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
I have had about a half dozen watches with the miyota 9015 automatic movement & they are all relatively loud. The noise comes from the fact that the movement only winds when the rotor is moving in 1 direction. When it spins the other way it spins freely and makes a strange noise.

It bothers some people a lot and not so much for others. Give it a try and see what you think. If it doesn't bother you, the movement keeps great time and is considered a very good movement.

Does the gen Pelagos watch switch date on 0:00 instantly like an a2824 movement or does it slowly change date between 22:00 to 0:00 like on a miyota movment?