• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for a new Chicago Area Rep-friendly Watchsmith 2019

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11
While I can do some basic work on watches, I need to find someone who can give a full service for a few watches. I prefer local, but upon to CONUS recommendations as well. Unfortunately all 3 of the guys that I used in the past are no longer servicing, only doing builds, etc.

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
I'm getting a BP DD with 2836 movement on it. Do think it'll need a basic work done as soon as I get this watch?
If so, could you please quote me on this lol.. I'm from Illinois too it'll be great to know some watchsmith around here..

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
While I can do some basic work on watches, I need to find someone who can give a full service for a few watches. I prefer local, but upon to CONUS recommendations as well. Unfortunately all 3 of the guys that I used in the past are no longer servicing, only doing builds, etc.

Strodda is good, but turn around time can be slow. Misiekiped is excellent. Both are CONUS (texas and new york). The local guy, 14060 or 16610? is retired. If you find any rep friendly watchsmiths in the suburbs, please advise.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I'm getting a BP DD with 2836 movement on it. Do think it'll need a basic work done as soon as I get this watch?
If so, could you please quote me on this lol.. I'm from Illinois too it'll be great to know some watchsmith around here..

Unless there is an issue upon arrival, that movement is usually solid and reliable so I would not anticipate any immediate service needs.

grkpmpn69

Known Member
17/12/18
I'm 45 min outside of Chicago, I used yodog for work and he provided fast and reliable service, communication was on point as well. If you do find one around us I'd also be interested.

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA
Strodda is good, but turn around time can be slow. Misiekiped is excellent. Both are CONUS (texas and new york). The local guy, 14060 or 16610? is retired. If you find any rep friendly watchsmiths in the suburbs, please advise.

Thanks for the shout out. I have definitely been very busy. I always pride myself in quality of work, but I wasn't always the quickest to handle the admin side of my site. I've recently adjusted my weekly schedule and I'm doing my best to reply to all messages more promptly and reduce turnaround times.

CurtisL

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/4/21
Illinois
I'm 45 min outside of Chicago, I used yodog for work and he provided fast and reliable service, communication was on point as well. If you do find one around us I'd also be interested.

Is he in Illinois? I am also looking for a future watch smith.

CurtisL

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/4/21
Illinois
He fucked up my bracelet. Grinded my pin and gold plat away because he couldn't put the pin back in...

I take it you didn't use him again? Northbrook is close for me & I am looking for someone for future watch smith work. The watch smith I used wouldn't take apart the movement & oil it. I want to get mine waterproofed as well.

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
I take it you didn't use him again? Northbrook is close for me & I am looking for someone for future watch smith work. The watch smith I used wouldn't take apart the movement & oil it. I want to get mine waterproofed as well.

Not after that incident. Like I advised you on pm just go with our trusted watchmaker/horologists.

Blown Z

Known Member
4/12/09
I discovered Swiss Service Center in LaGrange and they're excellent!

Valaj

Known Member
15/3/23
Illinois
I discovered Swiss Service Center in LaGrange and they're excellent!
Sorry for bringing up an old thread back from the dead.

Did you use them? How were they? Also, how did you go about getting them to work on your rep? Did you call and ask or go to their store? I'm assuming they'll say they don't work on reps if I call or send them an email.