• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watchmakers willing to fix/service replica watches (preferably in Norway)

Vigilante

Horology Curious
12/1/19
Hei eventuelle nordmenn på forumet, and hello the rest of you. Was wondering about people's experience with local watchmakers and dealers when it comes to fixing and servicing replica watches? I suspect some watchmakers will reject any replicas coming in for service. How do you guys do it? Do you use watchmakers connected to this forum, or do you just ask local shops/watchmakers if they can help?

Especially I was wondering if any norwegians in here have tried this in norwegian watchmakers or shops? It would be a hassle to send the watch in the mail all the way to US (or wherever most members here live). Here in Norway it's not illegal to buy replica watches for personal use, so I guess they won't be able to "blow the whistle" on you, but they might refuse to service/repair the watch out of "honor" or whatever.

Anyone got any advice/experience regarding this?

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
capice01 But you are from Norway? So you send your watches to germany to get them fixed?

Norway? I am in the Lowlands....even when I was in Norway, if there is a good watchmaker in Germany, I should send to Germany

Cupid777

Looking Around
11/3/20
Did you ever have any luck getting your watch serviced in Norway? I'm in the same situation. I definitely don't want to send my watch out of the country for obvious reasons.

Valdon Sadiki

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/6/20
Wondering the same thing, do any of you guys or girls know about a watchmaker/watchsmith in Norway - Sweden Who does service on replica/clone movements?

Mrco

Horology Curious
18/9/21
Hvordan gikk det?
Trenger noen som kan bytte glass på en Rolex rep

glee79

9/3/17
Jeg skal begynne med service og reprasjon av klokker igjen. Ta kontakt om noen trenger hjelp.

Flaskevin

Known Member
31/3/15
Jeg kan anbefale glee79 . Han byttet urverk på min Kermit, og den har siden fungert utmerket. Kun et sekund avvik i døgnet, datoskifter er smooth, og bezel er perfekt "aligned". :thumbsup:

flashbolt

Looking Around
22/1/24
Did you ever have any luck getting your watch serviced in Norway? I'm in the same situation. I definitely don't want to send my watch out of the country for obvious reasons.
Did you manage to get someone to service reeplica?