• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Please help me chose best rep

Bitola

Horology Curious
1/2/19
Australia
Good morning, This is my first post, and I'm probably writing in the wrong place, but I would like to tank the RWI community for compiling such valuable information on replica watches in one place.
I would like to buy SUBMARINER 116610 LV GREEN CERAMIC 904L. I have read the noob V9 is one of the best replicas you can buy at the moment. I want to ask the more experienced members of this community if the V9 is the best option or there is something else out there that is better, and I am not aware of it.
Thank you for the help, and please excuse me if I am writing this question in the wrong place in the forum.

Bitola

Horology Curious
1/2/19
Australia
Thank you very much for your response Muiramas. I have read on this forum that the noob v9 apparently is very good quality. I am sorry to bother you with my question but would you care to explain to me why the ARF option would be better.
Regarding the movements which one is better the Rolex clone movement or the ETA clone movement. I am not looking to mod the watch I buy.

Adrenix

5/12/18
Why don't you read the long thread about it so you can inform yourself rather than being spoon fed all the information?

Reactions: GTgamo

Bitola

Horology Curious
1/2/19
Australia
Thank you Adrenix. If you don't want to answer my question and help a new member of this community, you don't need to tell me what to do.
I have tried to read the long tread, and for somebody who is new to the replica watch world, it gets overwhelming. Hence the reason why I asked the question.

Adrenix

5/12/18
Read more then. If you do some reading and research then you'll see the recommendation is to spend a month reading all the relevant threads to actually inform yourself.

If you don't care that much to do a little reading them dhgate is probably fine as if you don't know yourself the flaws then why would anyone around you know or care? What are you trying to acheive? Deceit?

Reactions: k4jun

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
Thank you Adrenix. If you don't want to answer my question and help a new member of this community, you don't need to tell me what to do.
I have tried to read the long tread, and for somebody who is new to the replica watch world, it gets overwhelming. Hence the reason why I asked the question.

He's right.
Read the forum, for your own sake. (We know that it's a lot of reading but it's only way to understand the rep world... and then choose the right watch FOR YOU)

Akonoypi

Known Member
13/12/18
I've read a lot before buying my first rep. Differences in opinion, but in the end you have to settle with the one
that you really like. For me my first rep was ARF Sub 116610LN with SH3135. Not planning on doing any mod yet.
And so far I'm happy with it. That's how I got my feet wet. Still reading, and next time hopefully be a much better
and informed rep buyer. Hope that helps. Good luck with your first rep!

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
My advice is to also read up, when I started out all I did was read as some members get a bit funny about Noob questions but I totally understand the overwhelming part! It takes time to take it all in, go for an eta clone over the SH3135 it will be more reliable in the long run, also I don't know the quality of the LV Noob V9 but i had a V9 LN and it was excellent, the date wheel on ARF can suck so i've heard?? Welcome and good luck with the search!

Bitola

Horology Curious
1/2/19
Australia
Thank you for your advice Jackster. So far I have made my mind on the movement I will definitely by the ETA clone as for the noob or ARF version not sure yet. As you said the date wheel of the ARF could sometimes be a problem but then again ARF replicas should have a better bracelet. I am not sure yet which one I will buy.
It would be nice if a member can post photos from the noob and ARF replicas side by side.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
The issue mentioned with the date change is not specific to ARF. Any movement that uses the SH3135 can potentially have this issue and it's well documented throughout the forum. the solution is replacing a couple of parts with the date change mechanism to genuine ones should you have an affected movement. The issue only occurs with the date change via normal running of the watch, date change via the kwikset crown is not affected. As said for cost of ownership and repair cost if available in ETA clone movement like 2836 is a much better option. only real reason for the super clone movement is if you intend to build a Franken piece.

Bitola

Horology Curious
1/2/19
Australia
Rx4Time at this stage I am not looking to modify. As my first replica watch I intend to buy something that I can wear without modification. Rx4Time you look like you have a lot of knowledge in your opinion should I buy noob v9 or ARF replica.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Rx4Time at this stage I am not looking to modify. As my first replica watch I intend to buy something that I can wear without modification. Rx4Time you look like you have a lot of knowledge in your opinion should I buy noob v9 or ARF replica.

This unfortunately does not have a simple answer. I could tell you which one I would select, but everyone has their own tolerance for the various flaws, which remember every replica has flaws. Some may be very minor and not even noticeable to the naked eye others are glaring. you have a couple weeks until you can place an order anyway due to Chinese New year. My best suggestion is to look in the Rolex section and read up on the two models and any comparisons and decide which one suits your personal tastes better. this being said I would also recommend you read up on some other models and other brands. the one thing to keep in mind is if someone's going to assume a watch as a replica is most commonly going to occur with a Rolex, and specifically the submariner as it's the most copied watch. Therefore I tend to stay away from Rolex with a couple of exceptions. I would suggest you also look at the ARF SD 43, the JF oyster perpetual and explorer I if you like the Rolex brand. I highly recommend you look at some other brands though and see if any of those hold any interest for you. A good place to start is the NWBIG thread (not worth buying in gen) is that has a fairly comprehensive list of accurate models which you can then look into and see if you like any of them. after you've done your research if you have any more specific questions feel free to message me I'll try and help you more specifically.

Reactions: DD60

Bitola

Horology Curious
1/2/19
Australia
I think I have settled on the latest ARF replica. Having a good bracelet is important to me. Can some of the more knowledgeable members let me know at what flaws to look for when I received my QC photos?
Please don't tell me to go and search the threads if you don't want to answer cool jut don't tell me what to do. Lastly, I am planning to buy my watch trough Ryan from InTimeWatch or there is somebody better out there.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

Mate this question is asked ad infinitum, dozens of times a week what is why everyone gets a little tired of answering it when with a bit of reading the answer is there.
Even the worst of them is 98% correct to the gen, for a first rep any of them will be more than satisfactory to you. SAking this lot "who has the best sub?" will result in two things:

1/ A reply of "do some reading"

and

2/ An endless argument as none are perfect and certain flaws stand out to different folk.

Any will be fool even a gen owner at first glance unless he's a watch idiot savant in which case none will fool him. At any rate if you are buying a rep to impress others yo are buying for the wrong reason, this is a hobby to us, we but for our pleasure not to make others think we have a higher station in life than we actually do. There are folk on here who could buy the company you work for (in most cases) out of petty cash, status and the impressing of others is not what we are about.

Reactions: GTgamo and Maron

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Can some of the more knowledgeable members let me know at what flaws to look for when I received my QC photos?

QC pics are not for flaws common to all of a certain model they are for QC issues such as badly applied lume, scratches, uneven crystal seating and stuff like that.