• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Retuning watch back to China from UK

kamrankhan54

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/11/18
Hey

anyone returned their watch back to China safely from the UK? If so, what service did you use?

PT telling me not to use FedEx, UPS, TNT so I thought I’ll try parcelforce but they seem to use FedEx as part of their delivery (most likely 2nd leg in China) so not sure what to do.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Why are you returning it? If it broke get it fixed here.

kamrankhan54

25/11/18
Watch is faulty, doesnt work. I took it to a watch smith and he opened it up and said there’s glue inside! He couldn’t fix it. Only hope is to return it :(

Although I’m so nervous about it! Spent quite a bit on the piece.

kamrankhan54

25/11/18
Btw it’s an AP Royal Oak Offshore with 7750 movement. if anyone can fix it on here I’ll be more than happy to try that rather than post it back

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Btw it’s an AP Royal Oak Offshore with 7750 movement. if anyone can fix it on here I’ll be more than happy to try that rather than post it back

Chinese New Year starts January 28th and doesn’t end until Febraruy 19th. I wouldn’t send anything back until it is over.

kamrankhan54

25/11/18
Right, because I selected express delivery with parcelforce, 2nd leg was with fedex. I had to select global priority with parcel force, this then makes 2nd leg with EMS. lets see how this goes!

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Right, because I selected express delivery with parcelforce, 2nd leg was with fedex. I had to select global priority with parcel force, this then makes 2nd leg with EMS. lets see how this goes!

You are sending it back to China?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poolsfinest

Renowned Member
4/8/14
I’ve sent one back previously. Everything went fine. I put a thread on repgeek about the experience...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

kamrankhan54

25/11/18
Yep posted today. Let’s see how this works out, not in a rush so happy to wait. I’ll keep this thread updated with status

eligh1997

Horology Curious
15/12/18
I sent a Breitling back to a non trusted dealer via an ordinary post office (Royal Mail). It got there without any issues and the dealer gave me a full refund and paid my postage costs. Happy days!

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I always use Royal Mail. Costs about £9 ish from memory, that includes tracking. I've done it successfully three times. It takes a while, but it's always worked out for me in the end.

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
I too have successfully used Royal Mail with PT using the form they provided. Took a few weeks, but all went well. As pointed out, it's nearly Chinese hols time, so sensible to wait a bit.

kamrankhan54

25/11/18
Well that was impressive! Posted watch on 21st Jan, delivered today. No issues with customs.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Wouldn' t recommend shipping back..if possible, get it fixed locally...my watchmaker is in Germany if you need one

Reactions: Rx4Time

Seamusflood

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/16
I had an issue that 3 watchsmiths in the uk could not fix.
I waited for my next order and sent this back to China for a repair with Puretime
They fixed it for 30usd and sent with my next order
Easy

milzcastro

8/4/18
From what I’ve read, some people have had nightmares and actually have had their watches taken by customs. Some have been lucky but it’s 50/50 from what I can see.

I found that out the hard way and was lucky.. Customs kept mine for several weeks and it somehow made it and into my TD’s hands.

I won’t EVER return one again if all possible and will try to get it fixed here in the states.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
I had an issue that 3 watchsmiths in the uk could not fix.
I waited for my next order and sent this back to China for a repair with Puretime
They fixed it for 30usd and sent with my next order
Easy

the UK watchsmiths probably didn't have the needed parts..If it was an A2824 or A2836 a good watchsmith with ETAparts should be able to fix it...even a Miyota...