• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Financial saving

innocenti

Renowned Member
16/8/16
Despite being on here morning noon and night I don't think ive actually posted much if anything in the last 6 months or so. That aside I've not been on here at all really since just before xmas and I am amazed at how much money Ive NOT spent as a result :). No M2M purchases and no resulting endless answering the door to the Postman to accept deliveries has oddly felt like ive been weened off a drug.

No doubt Ill be back to my old obsessive self soon but wondered have any other regular members taken a sabbatical at all and noticed any positives or negatives ?

Time_Keeper

Horology Curious
4/1/19
The M2M section on here is dangerous, so much selection, no customs risk, no delays waiting for QC and shipping from China. A dream and a nightmare all at once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
I agree with you, this is more of an addiction and we make ourselves feel less guilty by thinking that it is a hobby. Over the past 2 years, I think I have purchased 10. Sold the AP 15400 M2M and gave away the AP ROO diver w. steel bracelet. 5 Rolexes sit in a watch case and one I wear currently. PAM destro sits in a shoebox with miniature screwdrivers and other assorted watch tools. The PP Calatrava has not arrived at my doorstep yet, its been over 2-3 weeks since TD shipped it. This leads me to read the tea leaves and come to a conclusion that I should only buy Rolexi, that too only super-rep or close enough. Hahaha. That way, I wont end up with a bucketful of reps.

catana1981

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
14/10/12
UK
I never post here but still I waste way to much time on the forum which could be used in a more productive way.
As to buying I have a set number of twelve , If I want something new I have to sell an old one or one that doesn't get to much wrist time.
It seems to be working well so far.:p

Reactions: Rush and leo6929

IWUGRAD09

Known Member
13/5/16
Midwest, USA
I recently had to take a break. It's so easy to buy, buy, buy. But, now I'm back. Bought two in the last two days LOL. My collection has just about everything I want now, so I can't see getting too many more. Whew!

Reactions: leo6929

innocenti

Renowned Member
16/8/16
Despite being on here morning noon and night I don't think ive actually posted much if anything in the last 6 months or so. That aside I've not been on here at all really since just before xmas and I am amazed at how much money Ive NOT spent as a result :). No M2M purchases and no resulting endless answering the door to the Postman to accept deliveries has oddly felt like ive been weened off a drug.

No doubt Ill be back to my old obsessive self soon but wondered have any other regular members taken a sabbatical at all and noticed any positives or negatives ?

Went total cold turkey and removed RWI from favourites tab until today. Apart from the money I've saved my Postman has had a rest too :)

innocenti

Renowned Member
16/8/16
:(:confused: Any tips on how to catch up with over 6 months RWI threads and posts ? …...…...…. Or nod to whats been big news, big releases et to save me time