• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to size 1675 oyster folded bracelet?

lrnz

27/1/17
EU
Hello,
I'm about to receive a 1675 cartel with folded bracelet.
I was wondering on how to size the bracelet, as there are no screws. I couldn't find any tutorial about it.
if anyone could chime in and help, it'd be great.
Thanks
rolex-7836-folded-bracelet-1675-1016_360_7115000e030df9815518ae7b70f4e98d.jpg

Espacebeetle

Horology Curious
7/10/17
They are horrible to do and I am sure the bigger boys on here will have a better way of doing it but the way I did mine was;
on the back side of the bracelet you will see the joint where the metal has been folded over and the two ends meet. I used a Stanley blade in that joint and lifted up one side of metal but you have to support the outside of the bracelet or you will bend the whole link. Once the metal is lifted enough you can then lift the next link out. Repeat that for the other links you want to remove. I then reinserted the next link down and squeezed the lifted up metal with some pliers but make sure you protect both sides where the pliers touch or you will scratch the metal. All of the above was performed very slowly and tiny bits at a time.

I hope that made sense and it should make more sense once you have the bracelet in you hand. Good luck.

lrnz

27/1/17
EU
They are horrible to do and I am sure the bigger boys on here will have a better way of doing it but the way I did mine was;
on the back side of the bracelet you will see the joint where the metal has been folded over and the two ends meet. I used a Stanley blade in that joint and lifted up one side of metal but you have to support the outside of the bracelet or you will bend the whole link. Once the metal is lifted enough you can then lift the next link out. Repeat that for the other links you want to remove. I then reinserted the next link down and squeezed the lifted up metal with some pliers but make sure you protect both sides where the pliers touch or you will scratch the metal. All of the above was performed very slowly and tiny bits at a time.

I hope that made sense and it should make more sense once you have the bracelet in you hand. Good luck.

Thanks for your answer.
How do you "support the outside of the bracelet"?

Espacebeetle

Horology Curious
7/10/17
I rested the link on a rubber cutting matt and pushed it down with my fingers. It's almost like you need three hands to hold it down whilst lifting with the knife.
Be careful with the knife as well. If you slip it will hurt!