• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cleaning Watches / Cleaning Gummy straps

dsbel

29/5/18
Hi everyone,

i wanted to ask you how you are cleaning your watches, especcially if you have gummy straps or gummy-leather straps.

To be honest i do not know if its real leather, i am wearing the Hublot Classic Fusion JJF 42 with an mixed gummy-leather strap and the strap has got a strange smell. How do i can clean this up?

Thank you in advance!

Sent from the RWI App

dsbel

29/5/18
This.

And the rep Gummy is garbage compared to gen, FYI.

I know, but in Germany it is impossible to get gen straps at AD without a gen watch.

Any recommendations where to get other (better) straps for the above mentioned watch?

Sent from the RWI App

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I know, but in Germany it is impossible to get gen straps at AD without a gen watch.

Any recommendations where to get other (better) straps for the above mentioned watch?

Sent from the RWI App

Really high end gen straps are seriously overpriced anyway. Get a high end strap from one of the excellent custom strap makers and you will be more than satisfied. Do a little digging using the search (fn) and you will find lots more info but I have found that both Orloff and jacobstraps make beautiful straps. I have tried over a dozen different strap makers from very inexpensive to very expensive. These two are not cheap, but they both superb and they are not outrageous, around $125 give or take a little depending.

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
Use WristClean product(s). Search for it on the internet.

Wristclean is an excellent product and reasonably priced. I too recommend it for both watches and straps.

Reactions: gilrob

dsbel

29/5/18
Really high end gen straps are seriously overpriced anyway. Get a high end strap from one of the excellent custom strap makers and you will be more than satisfied. Do a little digging using the search (fn) and you will find lots more info but I have found that both Orloff and jacobstraps make beautiful straps. I have tried over a dozen different strap makers from very inexpensive to very expensive. These two are not cheap, but they both superb and they are not outrageous, around $125 give or take a little depending.

Hi thank you for your recommendations. Do you know if they make straps for the hublot classic fusion? Ill try to get in touch with them to ask about.

Sent from the RWI App

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11

Sent from the RWI App

eBay is where I got mine. But be prepared to spend $400+ USD on one.

CosmoKat

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
9/1/19
United Kingdom

I will check Orloff and jacobstraps out soon. I'll be needing a real solid strap cause I'll be bartending on weekends and god knows that's not a safe place for watches.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Hi thank you for your recommendations. Do you know if they make straps for the hublot classic fusion? Ill try to get in touch with them to ask about.

I am not a Hublot fan so I had forgotten about their unique way of fastening the straps. I am not 100% certain about the 2 that I mentioned, but I know that I have seen it done nicely. Send them a note and if they don't want to do it, do a little research with the search (fn) here @ RWI and I'm sure you can come up a nice solution. I have had at least 40 reps and probably 1/2 came with some sort of strap ie leather, croc, pleather lol.... Actually every single rep strap I have seen is pure junk. That is the bad news, but fortunately there are some very talented strap makers out there that can solve that problem

dsbel

29/5/18
I am not a Hublot fan so I had forgotten about their unique way of fastening the straps. I am not 100% certain about the 2 that I mentioned, but I know that I have seen it done nicely. Send them a note and if they don't want to do it, do a little research with the search (fn) here @ RWI and I'm sure you can come up a nice solution. I have had at least 40 reps and probably 1/2 came with some sort of strap ie leather, croc, pleather lol.... Actually every single rep strap I have seen is pure junk. That is the bad news, but fortunately there are some very talented strap makers out there that can solve that problem

I sent a request to jacobstraps and did a search here but could not find so i made a request in the strap part of the forum if someone can help out. I am not sure if i want to pay 400 + Dollars for a gen strap so for me a better quality gen like looking strap would be enough for me

Sent from the RWI App