• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I need feedback

bytan

Looking Around
17/1/19
Hi all,

I received this replica Rolex day date today and was told that this is the highest grade replica which has a Rolex clone movement inside. I've never had a replica watch before so am curious what the replica watch experts think of this piece ? Thanks !

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Oh I don't want to be insulting. I doubt it has a true clone movement, since there is no replica with a true clone movement. They use either a 2813 or 2836 with day and date complications. Are you looking for us to point out flaws and if we could tell it's a replica (which yes I can tell because I know the common flaws in all current versions), or just general feedback on if we like it? I assume that the below link is the same watch that you purchased?

https://puretime.io/watch-brands/ro...n-markers-on-rg-president-bracelet-a3255.html

bytan

Looking Around
17/1/19
No offense taken ! Yeah its meant to be the Rolex day date 40 olive green dial . No I did not purchase it online, got it from someone local to where I am but who knows where they got it from. Yeah was just curious what flaws were noticable and how good or bad of a replica this is

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
No offense taken ! Yeah its meant to be the Rolex day date 40 olive green dial . No I did not purchase it online, got it from someone local to where I am but who knows where they got it from. Yeah was just curious what flaws were noticable and how good or bad of a replica this is

Okay so off the bat the following flaws jump out at me. The most common and obvious issue with all day date 40 replicas is the bezel height is too high. if you look at a side profile of yours versus the genuine, you'll see the bezel as much flatter on the genuine and the Crystal seems to stick out from the watch. The second significant flaw, the font of your date wheel is way too thick. I cannot tell from the pictures if you have an AR coating on the Cyclops. I happen to be wearing my GMT tonight, so I took a picture and posted so you can see what the genuine date font and date wheel looks like. Also your day wheel is misaligned as the Y is cut off to the right hand side

One thing that cannot be seen from the pictures, very few solid gold replicas have the gold tone correct. This means if you place it next to a genuine one the gold tone will be off. also course the weight will be completely wrong as gold is much denser.

Movement, these watches use either a 2813 or 2836. The less-expensive ones use the 2813, and the more expensive ones 2836. Easiest way to tell which movement you have is to hack the watch (crown position 2, time setting) then advance the hands. A 2813 will advance much more rapidly than the 2836.

IMG_20190117_044125516ad8185d18d062.jpg

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
Nice watch. I'd say the misaligned day wheel is the biggest tell.
Personally, I would never get a gold plated rep. One small scratch, and it's game over.

bytan

Looking Around
17/1/19
Thanks for the feedback guys. Yeah I think thurs the worst day on this watch , the other days seem to be aligned better. Your right about the gold plating, I mainly got it just to see if I liked it to get the real thing next time, I think I'd prefer the yellow gold with the white/silver dial !