• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Goldeneye Nintendo 64 Omega Seamaster Replica

BillyStJohn1984

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/1/19
Madison, WI
Hey guys...bored at work and just having a little fun with this post. I just built a Retro Pi and I was playing Goldeneye for the Nintendo 64...which is a game I haven't played since I was a teenager. Being the watch whore that I am, I immediately made notice of the watch that is on Bond's wrist in the game. Of course its the Bond watch, but I also noticed the amount of accuracy that the video game developers put into getting the watch right. Of course in the movie, Bond uses his watch to detonate a timed mine that blows up some gas tanks, but in the game he also uses a pretty slick watch magnet trick to grab a jail cell key from a nearbuy hook. Luckily for Bond that AI guard character doesn't notice the cell key flying across the room right in front of his face.

In the first picture you see the sequence where James uses the Seamaster to blow up some remote mines. And in the second photo you see a close up of the watch. They got a lot of the details of the Seamaster correct. The bracelet is right, the scalloped bezel is spot on, the helium escape valve is correctly located at the 10 o clock position, and they even got the skeletonized hands correct. Fun game and a fun movie. Cheers!

Reactions: Ralphy and vcappp

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Best video game I've every played -- the watch they used in the World is Not Enough video game is pretty good too!

Reactions: BillyStJohn1984

BillyStJohn1984

9/1/19
Madison, WI
Best video game I've every played -- the watch they used in the World is Not Enough video game is pretty good too!

Definitely one of my fave games ever. It was the first game I played that had explorable levels with objectives to complete. I also love how they integrated the Seamaster into the game as a health meter and game control device. I didn't know anything about watches at the time...but its cool to see now that I know more. Thanks for reading and responding!

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
That company that produced Goldeneye also made Perfect Dark which was a great, albeit more difficult, follow-up first-person shooter. At the time, I was amazed at the accuracy of the weapons in Goldeneye. Wolfenstein was my only experience with these types of games when it came out so it was a stark contrast haha.

BillyStJohn1984

9/1/19
Madison, WI
That company that produced Goldeneye also made Perfect Dark which was a great, albeit more difficult, follow-up first-person shooter. At the time, I was amazed at the accuracy of the weapons in Goldeneye. Wolfenstein was my only experience with these types of games when it came out so it was a stark contrast haha.

Yeah! Dude, Perfect Dark was awesome. I have the ROM for Perfect Dark. Gonna play that tonight. Thanks for the reminder!

Kel_Solaar

Horology Curious
4/1/19
Nice screenshots. That is pretty spot on, mind you they were a very impressive bunch of programmers. (Also responsible for the Timesplitters series).