• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What rep would you wear to an interview?

Kdawggy

Known Member
3/4/18
Towards end of Feb, I have some meetings ~~interviews, and I wanted to wear this PP Calatrava. Ordered it before the end of past year, and after delays with bitcoin and after TD shipped it, took more than 3 weeks to receive. Well, here's the pic upon receipt.

tDhDa.jpg

Me thinks that even if Jeff Bozos wore it, or even if his newly divorced wife (the richest woman on earth when finalized), people would think it is a fake, with the free floating rectangle. Let alone a humble upscale peasant wearing it. So, instead of an "affordability" rank of 20k, will have to go to battle with a rank of 5-7k. Should see how that progresses :)

Damn man, that is some bad luck! Still, could always try it and play it off as sprezzatura ;)

Reactions: Panerai_Pete_22

lokki1980

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/1/19
i wouldn't even called apple watch, 'watch' ... this is just a expensive and useless toy for moron

What if the person who wears an iWatch is (business) woman? ;) For a top level manager, yeah, I agree. We are morons all day long for the most people we meet.

Reactions: Maron

MrOptional

8/10/18
you can wear anything you want. chances are that the person interviewing you knows nothing bout your watch. just don't wear anything with diamonds and gold. like ap 15400 would do for example. classy

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I just visited hospitals in small towns. I felt VERY out of place even with 'affordable gen replicas'. Just depends on where you are.

Panerai_Pete_22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/8/17
I've had two interviews in the last 10 days - to which I wore a Milgauss rep to one.. and a Noob SA4130 Black bezel Daytona to the second.

No one cares.

Both roles are board level professional roles - so neither watch was out of place - but I doubt anyone even noticed.

Wear what you're comfortable with - what you'd normally wear with the clothes you're wearing - and do what we all do, look down at that watch while you're sat waiting - and enjoy it. :)

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
My suggestion: Get yourself a Rolex Day Date full yellow gold, talk about you in third person and address to yourself only by "el presidente". Dress for the job you want, not for the job you have, guys!

Reactions: leo6929