• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What rep would you wear to an interview?

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Wearing a rep into an AD is strictly verboten, more so gloating about it here. But wearing it to a job interview, and then getting the megabuck offer, or getting called and booted out, can be disclosed if one feels comfortable enough with that. Tales of this sort would be nice to hear ... not pure fiction, but embellished is just fine :)

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
If you would want to represent yourself as a future asset to the company you should dress the part. Dress to impress professionally and respectfully. If you are wearing a 20k $ replica (or gen) watch and the HR person is wearing a timex, you may not give the best first impression.

BillyStJohn1984

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/1/19
Madison, WI
If you would want to represent yourself as a future asset to the company you should dress the part. Dress to impress professionally and respectfully. If you are wearing a 20k $ replica (or gen) watch and the HR person is wearing a timex, you may not give the best first impression.

Agree. Completely depends on what job you're applying for as well. If you're interviewing to be a Vice President of Sales at a large company you should probably present yourself in a successful way. Likewise if you're interviewing to work in the mailroom, wearing a rep of a $10k watch will make you look tacky, or make them think you're a drug dealer. Lol. Fun thread.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada

Are you serious?! Wouldn’t you want to put those broke bitches in their place from day one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Are you serious?! Wouldn’t you want to put those broke bitches in their place from day one?

Best to do that with a nice pair of replica Italian leather shoes, shined to perfection.

Reactions: MonsieurMax

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16

Exactly. You need to show these people you are here to make money and get bitches. Studies have shown that people will supersize 99.9% of the time if the person taking their order is wearing an all gold rolex or AP. They would lose money if they dont hire you and your Rose Gold Tourby AP

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
I own a construction company and with a lack of skilled trades in my industry if they can work as efficient as the rep/gen they are wearing while pulling up in their Escalade they will be hired! Lol

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
Blown up for Raquel Welch.
But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey

Reactions: patrickseacoast

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
I have a friend who is now a US attorney SDNY and he often tells a story of when he first started out and he worked for the other side he got his first big client bc he had a Rolex on and his then potential client said he believed he must be doing good work to have a watch like this and hired him and at the time the watch was a rep. My buddy did in fact win his case for him. Not how I pick attorneys but it worked for this guy.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: leo6929

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I doubt they’d notice or care, as long as you can still take orders at the drive through window/add salt to fries, I cant see Ronald McDonald getting his pants in a twist about your fake James Lebron.

:rofl:

PBR - telling it how it is since 1964

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
What's the chance the interviewer is also a rep aficionado and can readily spot the fake Rolex/Omega/TAG/PP/IWC from across the table?

Reactions: leo6929

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
I'd wear either my franken Omega Seamaster 2531.80(Bond) or franken Rolex GMT-Master 16750. Old enough to pull off, yet modern enough to blend in.

If I didn't feel like strutting my stuff, then it'd be a simple Seiko Prospex Scuba.

Wrestleantares

Known Member
19/9/18
Unless you are wearing something that is blingy and screams look at me, they won't notice or give a crap. I personally would wear one of my tudor reps, or one of my gen vintage hamiltons or gruen. The tudors no one but a watch person would know what it was and the vintages are so simple, understated and elegant. Only thing I would avoid is a rep rolex. Hardly any other brand is recognized by the masses.

Reactions: Thatwatchguy