• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

is that watch a Replica? what do you think the Dealer can be?

Rextimort

Horology Curious
7/1/19
Hi All!,

I am writing to ask you for help with a topic. I have been studying the world of Rolex Replicas for a short time, especially about the replicas of the Daytonas, which today is my favorite watch. I have read many reviews about different ARF and NOOB models, their fundamental differences, etc. As well as I have read about the most well-known Trusted Rep Dealers.

The fact is that recently I saw the unbox of a Daytona (I think a 116508 YD), which was served to the buyer in superb conditions. I have not seen before an unbox like this.

I have reviewed the best known Trusted Dealers and none of them serves their watches that way. It is true that almost all of them sell the box separately. But analyzing the box that they sell, and what it contains, I think that the unbox is not close to what is seen in this video.

The video is in the following link, it is November 2018, so it is quite recent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS14quMJ3Jw&t=364s

After watching the video, do you think that it is really a replica? And if you think so, what do you think the Dealer can be?

Thank you!

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Of course it’s a replica. Why would you want a rep shipped with box and papers? It increases the customs risks substantially.

Reactions: rj999

Rextimort

Horology Curious
7/1/19
Of course it’s a replica. Why would you want a rep shipped with box and papers? It increases the customs risks substantially.

It's just personal taste. I would like to have the impression of receiving the watch in the most genuine way possible.

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy

Are the gen hands supposed to turn clockwise when the crown is turned clockwise? (Like on 3135 and the clone SH3135)
Thank you...

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
It’s a rep and not even a good one. The box looks like something my kids made out of a Kleenex box. Use your money to get a good replica. Forget about the dog sh!t box and papers.

Reactions: Rx4Time and rj999

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
It's just personal taste. I would like to have the impression of receiving the watch in the most genuine way possible.

Whats the point?

Wrapped in bubblewrap in a brown cardboard box is better.

Reactions: rj999

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK

And it would appear, in a box that also includes Calvin Klein underwear fakes...

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
It's a chunky old 7750 based one. Just look at the bezel angle...it should be almost flat. Side note, that style Daytona rep is pretty unreliable due to the movement and specifically the modifier plate to move the subdials location.

Time_Keeper

Horology Curious
4/1/19
Also the model reference is 16610 on the warranty card, dead give away as all of these replica box and papers seem to be for subs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hasel53128

I'm Pretty Popular
31/8/14
f52aabfa4043e8a93b870abc9ff2917b.jpg

It saze up fir one of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

Why? You won't fool yourself mate, you know it's fake.

Oh and, real crappy fake complete with papers and warranty card for a submariner and do you really think that Rolex have their watches tested and "authenticated" by some crappy Chinese company? :D

Reactions: rj999 and efajri