Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.

It's raffle time! Get your tickets today!CLICK HERE
See more
See less

Rep to Gen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rep to Gen

Hi guys, I have been lurking around RWI for a couple of weeks now and today I created an account to ask a question I was unable to find an answer to.
    Correct me if I'm mistaken anywhere. When buying a rep what do you look for to be able to transform it into somewhat "gen" in future (is this called a Franken??) such as the dial, date wheel, hands and glass. I'm looking for a DateJust II (41mm) that I can later buy gen parts for and swap stuff out whilst learning how to in the process. Any answers are always much appreciated. Thanks!

You can do a search on “Franken build” or something similar. There’s a lot of information out there on the topics. I’m new also but thats what I searched for.

Comment

So is "Franken" the correct terminology to be searching for?

Comment

Yes franken is correct. Some really awesome builds are often available in member sales keep your eyes peeled

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

Originally posted by eleven View Post
          Yes franken is correct. Some really awesome builds are often available in member sales keep your eyes peeled

Sent from my iPhone using RWI
          Thank you

Comment

Yes, franken is the correct term. Here's a couple of my frankens to give you an idea of the possibilities.....

My wish list: gen components...
            Breitling Datora Montibrilliant dial, older style

Breitling B13 date wheel

Panerai OP VIII movement

Comment

Originally posted by Rx4Time View Post
              Yes, franken is the correct term. Here's a couple of my frankens to give you an idea of the possibilities.....

Wow, that GMT looks extremely good, is it the 116710?

Comment

Originally posted by Picy View Post

Wow, that GMT looks extremely good, is it the 116710?
                Yes. All genuine but the midcase.

Breitling B13 date wheel

Panerai OP VIII movement

Comment

Yes. All genuine but the midcase.
                  Wow! Where do you find parts for this? Are the seals and everything genuine too? I'm super interested right now I love this stuff!
                  Just to confirm, its this one right?
                  https://puretime.io/gmt-master-ii-11...-a2836-v8.html

Comment

Wow! Where do you find parts for this? Are the seals and everything genuine too? I'm super interested right now I love this stuff!
                    There's a section for "Watch parts and accessories"....https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...nd-accessories

Comment

Originally posted by Kingcac View Post

There's a section for "Watch parts and accessories"....https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...nd-accessories
                      I have seen it and lurked through it for a little while. I assumed theres an online store or something I don't know about yet that people go to for parts..

Comment

I have seen it and lurked through it for a little while. I assumed theres an online store or something I don't know about yet that people go to for parts..
                        I see quite a few of them for sale on Vintage Rolex Forums....and I assumed that you can find most things on Ebay, including Rolex parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingcac View Post

I see quite a few of them for sale on Vintage Rolex Forums....and I assumed that you can find most things on Ebay, including Rolex parts.
                          Gotcha, thank you for the input I really appreciate it

Comment

The midcase is a v7 as that was the current version when I built it. The tube, caseback and gasket for the caseback is noob also. The rest is all Rolex. My movement was new. Sources for parts include rolexforums, eBay and contacts with members.

Breitling B13 date wheel

Panerai OP VIII movement

Comment

The midcase is a v7 as that was the current version when I built it. The tube, caseback and gasket for the caseback is noob also. The rest is all Rolex. My movement was new. Sources for parts include rolexforums, eBay and contacts with members.
                              You’re awesome, thanks!

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Working...
                              X