• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is there a noob invasion in progress?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Post edit by xj4sonx

Sent from the RWI App

Before you ask, the best Submariner out of the box right now is the Rolex Submariner ARF 904L A2836. Keep calm and carry on DJ'ing (or whatever you were doing)

Last edited by a moderator:

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
The irony hits hard this time - the bespoken noobs try to up their post count right over here... yikes

Reactions: mari115

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
Before you ask, the best Submariner out of the box right now is the Rolex Submariner ARF 904L A2836. Keep calm and carry on DJ'ing (or whatever you were doing)

But he won't know where to buy it from, don't forget to lead him to the trusted dealer section with a gummy bear trail.

Last edited by a moderator:

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
DJTonesNY you can leave your borderline racist comments off our board, any more of it I will toss you out the door, great 7th post.

I have edited his comment and all quotes of his comment

Thatguypb

Horology Curious
28/5/18
Just wanted to chime in on this one, I think this is my first comment been a lurker here for I think a year now and just made my first purchase of course it had to be a regmariner, I love all the information readily available. and the sh!t talk that the sh!t heads get on this forum

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
But he won't know where to buy it from, don't forget to lead him to the trusted dealer section with a gummy bear trail.

Funny enough, I deleted the last line before posting, and it was the link to the website of my regular TD, lol. I thought it wouldn't be fair to mention just one TD (^_^ )

60Steps

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/11/18
With all due respect Rawbe. You also had to start somewhere I've only just come across RWI. I have been a member of rwg for over 8 years

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
60Steps With all due respect, I started by reading for years before I even made an account, because the information is even available to guests. I did not start by making a sales thread that had to be nuked by mods because I can't read the forum rules. I'm simply telling you why those 'noobs that PM'd you' probably went silent, don't blame the invasion, that was definitely your own doing .. or perhaps nobody ever contacted you at all and you just wanted something to post in order to fit in and get your post count up so you can list your item once again. Either way the community keeps an eye out for these types of scenarios. Cheers.

60Steps

7/11/18
I really don't need to try and fit in. If there is a way of checking have a look and see who contacted me. What is wrong in posting. Isnt that what you have to do to get your post count up. Your jumping to conclusions . I'm not new to replicas and have bought from TD before. You have moderators to review content and rectify Not to insult them down.. ........

yodog

Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
maybe a lot of people are broke after the holidays but they also want to strut a new shiny watch but since they are broke they look for fake watches to impress people that dont matter so bam google fake watches and guess what RWI is the first thing that comes up!

that was a long run on sentence

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
maybe a lot of people are broke after the holidays but they also want to strut a new shiny watch but since they are broke they look for fake watches to impress people that dont matter so bam google fake watches and guess what RWI is the first thing that comes up!

that was a long run on sentence

Yeah, I am out of breath reading it...LOL

Hey yodog if I want to do a project with you, do I contact you here or via Repgeek? I am not active on RG.

Fiddo

-----
Gold Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
School holidays + Uni holidays + Christmas Cash = Douchebaggedon

On another line, I have been reading some old posts (talking about pre 2015 or more) and I see really cool posts, educated opinions, healthy discussion, etc. Most of these have people with more than 3000 posts or so, actually. But none of these users are around anymore, and instead we have a whole legion of people with no avatar and lazy names posting crap all around. What happened? How do we go back to that?

I'm sure there must be some sort of filter we can put in place to block lazy kiddos that just want to find the best sub and then harass all sellers until they get one. They bring nothing to the table, and ultimately they just erode the trust we all have in m2m, which is a cornerstone of this hobby.

Or we can go for Tucker 's advice. I quite like the idea.

We were quite the erudite bunch back then! Not sure what happened. Probably all those Smart Phones, Facegram and Instabooks. :)

Chillo

18/12/18

Rawbe Says the guy who plays with radio controlled cars ... You come across as a complete tool mate, why don't you wind your neck in a bit and lighten up.

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
Rawbe Says the guy who plays with radio controlled cars ... You come across as a complete tool mate, why don't you wind your neck in a bit and lighten up.

You're on a watch hobby forum talking shit about another hobby? I have cars running 225 km/h that I've personally done all of the modifications for, pinion/spur ratios, etc. That's 1:10 scale on road electric .. about 80 km/h short of the current world land speed record, if you classify that as "playing with radio controlled cars" perhaps we are all on here just "playing with mechanical replicas". Have you ever accomplished anything, let alone contributed anything to any forum? Or do you just come here to leech, talk shit, post a NUKED sales thread? You're in the wrong place. Nobody here likes noobs like you that come in with these terrible attitudes and expect everything to revolve around them. Read the forum rules, learn something, and contribute, maybe then you will fit in here.

Reactions: Therion666

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
Just goes to show how real the noob invasion is when the noobs are in the thread getting agitated and attacking older members ..

Reactions: Therion666

TheCarGuy

Known Member
26/12/18
Canada/US
You're on a watch hobby forum talking shit about another hobby? I have cars running 225 km/h that I've personally done all of the modifications for, pinion/spur ratios, etc. That's 1:10 scale on road electric .. about 80 km/h short of the current world land speed record, if you classify that as "playing with radio controlled cars" perhaps we are all on here just "playing with mechanical replicas". Have you ever accomplished anything, let alone contributed anything to any forum? Or do you just come here to leech, talk shit, post a NUKED sales thread? You're in the wrong place. Nobody here likes noobs like you that come in with these terrible attitudes and expect everything to revolve around them. Read the forum rules, learn something, and contribute, maybe then you will fit in here.

Damn that actually sounds like a fun hobby lol. I do that to my cars in real life!

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
Damn that actually sounds like a fun hobby lol. I do that to my cars in real life!

Yeah, I use to do the same thing with my actual cars. But this way when shit hits the fan at least I'm not in the car LOL. I can stand on the sidelines and watch my $2,000 full carbon car blow up, then figure out what went wrong and build it again.

Reactions: efajri

Chillo

18/12/18

It's you that has the attitude, I've looked at your posts. I don't much like bullys and you're the worst kind, an internet bully. All done from the relative safety of behind the computer keyboard in your mommy's basement, because you wouldn't have the balls to say the things you write face to face. I've never created any sales threads, let alone have one nuked and I've never leeched or asked anything from anyone here, so don't write shite about me you chump. I worked offshore for nearly 30 years where clowns like you were dealt with swiftly. Now, run along and play nicely with your (fast) radio controlled cars ...