• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is there a noob invasion in progress?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I think there are two separate things here. 1. There's an annoying amount of scavengers that lurk the forum and only register to straight away PM a lowball offer in a m2m sale. That's something that would be nice to get rid of.

2. On the other hand, I'm not a fan of being rude to new members just because they are new. We were all new, and I have seen a lot of current good members go from two digits, to three and four digit post counts. We all started with just one post and we can't blame all for just a bunch of scum posers that want a nice watch for cheap to brag about in front of the mates in the pub.

Pietjebel

23/5/15
Its only because of more and more people learn to know about rep watches... and people these days are lazy to find information when they think it is easier to use others knowledge.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RWI

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I took a quick glance at Reddit yesterday, was curious about their replica forums, and...

...Jesus Christ on a pony! Didn't even understand the f. they were talking about. "Copping" stuff, bruh, homie, blah blah blah. I cringed a bit at the way they were talking.
You can't say you haven't seen this influx of shitheads coming from places like Reddit.

Pietjebel

23/5/15
I took a quick glance at Reddit yesterday, was curious about their replica forums, and...

...Jesus Christ on a pony! Didn't even understand the f. they were talking about. "Copping" stuff, bruh, homie, blah blah blah. I cringed a bit at the way they were talking.

Reddit is even worse, everyone comes there.

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA

Well you see .. copping means the jig is up, they will be contacting the local authorities shortly.

Bruh refers to the Bruhathkayosaurus, a dinosaur found near the Southern tip of India.

Homie is quite obviously a reference to www.homie.com, the real estate platform. The user must be in the market to buy or

sell their current home.

I can help you with any others you are having trouble with my friend!

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
YjfWK.jpg

​​​​​​
"Yo dawg I just copped did shiz Supreme hoodie and I need a Rollie to rock it homie. Whad'ya say I'll give you a hundred for dat and we good? Huh? Dawg? Bruh? Homie? Huh?

...Is dat real gold? I need it in gold. And dem stones, can you ice it out for a tenner? Dawg? Yo? Homie?"

Last edited:

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
So i have a thread in the patek section about a date wheel upgrade and have tried my best to keep it clean. By that i mean specify what model/maker this fits and that i dont do shipping and stuff.

Boy its been a nightmare! every day someome will ask me if its fits whatever watch is on their mind, how long it takes shipping to their respective country. if i have one for the watch they looking for around and so on...

To be honest im loosing my patience, and i did asnwer all the questions most of the time on the thread but they keep asking and asking! its a pain...

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
So i have a thread in the patek section about a date wheel upgrade and have tried my best to keep it clean. By that i mean specify what model/maker this fits and that i dont do shipping and stuff.

Boy its been a nightmare! every day someome will ask me if its fits whatever watch is on their mind, how long it takes shipping to their respective country. if i have one for the watch they looking for around and so on...

To be honest im loosing my patience, and i did asnwer all the questions most of the time on the thread but they keep asking and asking! its a pain...

The days of easy civil transactions are long gone it seems ..

TheCarGuy

Known Member
26/12/18
Canada/US
I think there are two separate things here. 1. There's an annoying amount of scavengers that lurk the forum and only register to straight away PM a lowball offer in a m2m sale. That's something that would be nice to get rid of.

2. On the other hand, I'm not a fan of being rude to new members just because they are new. We were all new, and I have seen a lot of current good members go from two digits, to three and four digit post counts. We all started with just one post and we can't blame all for just a bunch of scum posers that want a nice watch for cheap to brag about in front of the mates in the pub.

I was under the impression that the M2M section was only visible once registered?

TheCarGuy

Known Member
26/12/18
Canada/US
trailboss99 I can’t imagine the influx of BS you and the other mods have to go through on a daily basis.

I havent been here too long and I’m already getting pissed off at those noobs who pull a 9 month sale thread resurrection or post “I’ll take it” or “is this still available” when the watch has been clearly mentioned as sold.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I was under the impression that the M2M section was only visible once registered?

It is, and that's the problem. I have received several PMs in the past from "members" with just two or three posts (which were always a variation of "I'll take it"). Perhaps it should be hidden to anyone with less than 50 posts or a certain number of likes (can't think of other ways to measure "valuable" posts, happy to discuss alternatives).

Last edited:

TheCarGuy

Known Member
26/12/18
Canada/US
Hinclimincli I personally think the post limit threshold will just result in a bunch of useless posts / spam. Number of likes might work as it means they need to have some quality in their post.

Reactions: phdsjain

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Hinclimincli I personally think the post limit threshold will just result in a bunch of useless posts / spam. Number of likes might work as it means they need to have some quality in their post.

50 useless posts are 50 chances to be reported as spammer and getting your post count reset to zero. I've seen it countless times at RWG, although this forum has way more users so perhaps that would be too much work for mods, which I wouldn't like as they are already really busy and doing a remarkable job.

60Steps

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/11/18
I thought I was going through a phase. Received multiple pm's only for all of them to go silent disappeared and not even a no longer interested. Thought it was weired till I read this post. I'm not the only one

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
I thought I was going through a phase. Received multiple pm's only for all of them to go silent disappeared and not even a no longer interested. Thought it was weired till I read this post. I'm not the only one

I'm pretty sure people went silent on you because your sales post was NUKED for breaking multiple rules. You would be considered a part of the invasion mate, account made within the last two months with less than 25 posts ..

Reactions: mari115