• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Speedmaster Advice

gogorman

Horology Curious
31/12/18
Hello all. First post here, just getting in to the rep game after seeing my brother in law's GEN Speedmaster Pro over Christmas. Now I want one.......well, a rep anyway.

What's the best rep you can get these days? And is there a big difference between OM and JH factory reps?

Is the reduced available yet?

Finally, does anyone know the main difference between these two (aside from the lack of the word Professional). Anyone have any experience with both:

https://www.intime03.co/omega/5741-s...-movement.html

https://www.intime03.co/omega/2978-s...-movement.html

Thanks!

Jfru

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/18
My understanding is that none of the speedmaster reps are very good. Often the chrono doesn’t work and looks nothing like the gen.

gogorman

Horology Curious
31/12/18
My understanding is that none of the speedmaster reps are very good. Often the chrono doesn’t work and looks nothing like the gen.

Bummer. Any recommendations on a rep that is pretty decent in a similar style to the Speedmaster?

Jfru

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/18
Are you wanting a chronograph? Or are you just after the looks

processengr

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/15
As none of the reps are very close to the original due to subdial spacing, you might be interested in a another gen at rep price-the Bulova Moonwatch. State of the art 262k quartz movement, somewhat large though...

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
if you don't care about being close to the gen...there are some great speedmasters out there. I picked up a moon watch with a sapphire domed crystal (gen is plexi) with a hand wind asian Lemania (Seagull) movement...and I absolutely love this watch. It has multiple non-gen tells, but it is a great timepiece.