• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone have watches sitting in US Customs these days?

rek0001

1/1/13
Happy New Year to everyone.

I ordered a Parnis Daytona (don't flame me, I was curious) from eBay over 5 weeks ago, shipped from China. I paid via PayPal.

The tracking shows it was last scanned into ICHS Chicago, which is USPS facility at O'Hare airport on December 4th. I believe it is supposed to go through Customs after that.

It hasn't budged since then, and I assume since it has "PARNIS" on the dial it should not be confiscated. I contacted eBay seller and he hasn't done anything for me.

Can anyone advise me what can be done, and is anyone having a similar problem with their reps?

I'd like to pick ups few reps soon but this Customs problem has me worried.

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
There’s not much you can do but wait. There should not be any problems with a Parnis getting through customs.

atozzotas

7/1/15
me too, early december and still waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

llvicente1023

31/8/17
One of my recent order sits in and will stay with customs forever. It was seized by customs and i recieved a notice letter from customs last 2 weeks

Tommastie

Known Member
Certified
18/8/18
If usps is known to have custom issues, why don’t people use dhl when selecting their shipment?

lilmoogz

Known Member
15/11/18
i ordered a watch from sead in early december, it entered US from Cali and is on its way via fedex
also i ordered from BK (based in Cali as well) which is also on its way with usps

rek0001

1/1/13
Thanks for replies, guys. Ebay seller offered to send me another Parnis, decent of him, we'll see what happens.

Interestingly, I received a Christmas package from Lithuania, I think it was ordered early December, absolutely no problem getting through Customs and arriving to me.

I wonder if China packages are being deliberately held up, slowed down in US Customs.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Thanks for replies, guys. Ebay seller offered to send me another Parnis, decent of him, we'll see what happens.

Interestingly, I received a Christmas package from Lithuania, I think it was ordered early December, absolutely no problem getting through Customs and arriving to me.

I wonder if China packages are being deliberately held up, slowed down in US Customs.
Yes

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
I know this is an old thread but did you guy ever received them? Mine is currently sitting in custom on going 12 days now..

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
12 is not unusual. Not seized yet.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Just curious then...What is the "normal" time range it'll sit ...or how long is "too long"?
I know it's a waiting game...but man, I feel like I am sitting on a lump of hot coals right now :D lol..

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
Holy cow.. The problem is I am moving in a month or so. It's going via USPS. They will forward mail to my new address if I informed the post office right?
I certainly don't want the new house owner to have a couple free watches when we already gave them a good deal on the sale of the home. LOL.
2 months...wow... I have a while to go then :)

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Holy cow.. The problem is I am moving in a month or so. It's going via USPS. They will forward mail to my new address if I informed the post office right?
I certainly don't want the new house owner to have a couple free watches when we already gave them a good deal on the sale of the home. LOL.
2 months...wow... I have a while to go then :)

Customs has no normal. My watches sit in Customs from 1 -21 days. One watch seized out of many Reps. No letter or anything from Customs.

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
A fellow forum member has 2 watches stuck since 3/27 and one since 3/31. Mine stuck since 3/29 so right between his...however both of his got released yesterday and mine hasn't moved...I'm beginning to have bad thoughts about mine :(

unreformed66

Known Member
Supporter
7/11/15
United States, Ohio
I recently had a genuine watch coming from Canada that sat in customs in New York for nearly 2 weeks. Then after it was "released" it didn't move for another 5 days. Be patient boys, it's not just reps that are taking so long.

Reactions: vcappp