• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A Little Light Reading on U.S. Customs

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/assets/2018-10/OIG-18-83-Sep18.pdf

Be aware fellow CONUS repsters, on January 1st, 2019 the newly passed STOP act will go into effect. Enacted primarily to combat the import of synthetic opioids, it now requires all USPS international parcels from China to be shipped with Advance Electronic Data for prior screening of contents, shipper, and recipient. I’m not sure what impact it will have on our hobby, but you can certainly expect greater delays.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Good call on posting this -- the fentanyl scourge has woven its way into the rep world unfortunately. I suppose the natural reaction to this is to no longer use parcel post on ANY rep shipments and only use DHL or Fed-Ex. This follows with the increased rates for media-mail type packages that had been subsidized from China. No more!! Trade war bliss haha.

Reactions: vcappp and Hor-Fan

60Steps

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/11/18
Wil this affect other countries or only packages coming from China

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Wil this affect other countries or only packages coming from China

The language of the law is broad and includes all international shipments, but it’s “understood” to target China and will probably be more strictly enforced on shipments from Asia.

Jfru

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/18
Thanks for posting this. I was just about to order a noob v9 and have it shipped via USPS.

loewenzahn

Mythical Poster
16/12/14
Germany
OTOH if they mainly target synthetic opioids / fentanyl, other (very very small and negligible items as e.g. watches :) will pass even more unnoted :goodluck:

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
OTOH if they mainly target synthetic opioids / fentanyl, other (very very small and negligible items as e.g. watches :) will pass even more unnoted :goodluck:

Exactly. They are looking for dangerous powders, not watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Interesting, thanks for posting.