• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF or VRF 116610LV "HULK"

Uhrenliebhaber

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/12/18
Hey,
I've been looking for a reasonable hulk for a long time, which comes very close to the gen. Again and again the words ARF and Noob are falling, as well as I read here that the ARF should be better, out of the Box, i dont want to mod anything. Unfortunately, I will not be wiser in the discussions of which movement would be better, the 3135 or the 2824/2836. On "Intime" I saw a new Hulk: https://www.intime03.co/rollie/5782...l-1-1-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-vr3135.html.
So the ARF was my favorite so far, but the new VRF does not look too bad either. Unfortunately, I do not know VRF well, what do you guys think?
Best Regards.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A5010 mit Tapatalk

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
Each of them have flaws of their own. There is NO perfect OOTB Hulk rep. Closest to gen is subjective to individual. For example ARF has fat lugs & crown gap, VRF insert engraving too white , Noob SELs are flushed etc....

You gotta decide on your own which "flaws" you can or cannot accept. Happy hunting!

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Hey,
I've been looking for a reasonable hulk for a long time, which comes very close to the gen. Again and again the words ARF and Noob are falling, as well as I read here that the ARF should be better, out of the Box, i dont want to mod anything. Unfortunately, I will not be wiser in the discussions of which movement would be better, the 3135 or the 2824/2836. On "Intime" I saw a new Hulk: https://www.intime03.co/rollie/5782...l-1-1-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-vr3135.html.
So the ARF was my favorite so far, but the new VRF does not look too bad either. Unfortunately, I do not know VRF well, what do you guys think?
Best Regards.

If you are totally not interested in modding, get either the ARF or VRF. As was stated above, each has their pros and cons. I have both (but not a Noob) and each has qualities making it relatively better or worse than the other. I would suggest you READ the many posts on ARF Hulk and VRF Hulk - there are a lot, but that is the only way you will get a sense of the nuances between them. There are those that love one and not the other. But in the end, if you are getting only one watch, it comes down to which nuances you can live with and which ones you can't. Only you can decide that.

One thing everyone agrees on is that the 2824 (found in the ARF) and 2836 (VRF) movements are far more reliable than the 3135 movement, and if the 2824/2836 breaks down, parts are way more available and cheaper than the 3135. It's not a "true" Rolex clone movement, so cannot be modded with gen parts like hands, etc. which sounds like something you don't plan on doing anyway. The VRF 3135 is a new model and no one knows if the movement is reliable or not - time will tell (no pun intended!)

READ the posts and threads, pick one, and enjoy it!

Uhrenliebhaber

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/12/18
If you are totally not interested in modding, get either the ARF or VRF. As was stated above, each has their pros and cons. I have both (but not a Noob) and each has qualities making it relatively better or worse than the other. I would suggest you READ the many posts on ARF Hulk and VRF Hulk - there are a lot, but that is the only way you will get a sense of the nuances between them. There are those that love one and not the other. But in the end, if you are getting only one watch, it comes down to which nuances you can live with and which ones you can't. Only you can decide that.

One thing everyone agrees on is that the 2824 (found in the ARF) and 2836 (VRF) movements are far more reliable than the 3135 movement, and if the 2824/2836 breaks down, parts are way more available and cheaper than the 3135. It's not a "true" Rolex clone movement, so cannot be modded with gen parts like hands, etc. which sounds like something you don't plan on doing anyway. The VRF 3135 is a new model and no one knows if the movement is reliable or not - time will tell (no pun intended!)

Thank you for your answer, I will continue to follow other discussions. I'll probably buy the ARF. But I'm still waiting, some have bought the new VRF and will hopefully go into detail on this watch.
Best regards.

Horology Curious
15/3/19

Hi bro, for the VRF, are u mentioning the A2836 Max version? Just wondering why the ARF A2824 is priced usd120 more than the VRF A2836. Is it because of the 904L matrrial?

I saw them at Puretime. Link as below:

https://puretime.io/watch-brands/ro...edition-on-ss-bracelet-a2836-max-version.html

https://puretime.io/watch-brands/ro...-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-a2824.html

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
For me I have zero desire to mod. The VRF 2836 movement was my choice for reasons that I felt were right for me

Sent from my Noob v9.5