• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TD won't switch out a bad watch, am I unreasonable to reject on this huge flaw?

taifighter84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/17
Supposedly a batch of the Noob Polar Explorer II has a bad dial with mismatched markers (grey and white) and mismatched lume. Chazing sent me these horrible photos for QC and I rejected them. But Chazing keeps insisting that there's nothing wrong with the watch, and are refusing to exchange it for a proper copy, saying that "it's not mismatched, it's just the lighting. It's perfectly fine."

But the photos are so obvious, and I'm not sure what to do or say to them. Even their website shows a proper version with all white markers and completely matching lume. What should I say or do?

Thanks!

QC photos they sent me:

FH4w0.md.jpg

FHXr6.md.jpg

Last edited:

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
It good, you accepted the provided qc’s! Live with it just don’t post in lume lovers thread!

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
Blown up for Raquel Welch.
But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey

taifighter84

24/8/17
How can you say it's "good" though? The 6,9,12 markers are GREY. It looks horrible. And no, I DID NOT accept it, where did you get that idea? I told you I rejected it based on the bad QC photos they sent that show that it's incorrect, and they are saying they won't switch it for a different one.

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Reject it, but choose a different watch. They are all like this so you won’t get a better one. There was a thread here about the lume.

Reactions: Maron

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
How can you say it's "good" though? The 6,9,12 markers are GREY. It looks horrible. And no, I DID NOT accept it, where did you get that idea? I told you I rejected it based on the bad QC photos they sent that show that it's incorrect, and they are saying they won't switch it for a different one.

I was shaking your branches! These are reps and like mentioned and known there is a batch with this issue, I own one and had it relumed. Gl with your process.

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
Blown up for Raquel Welch.
But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey

60Steps

7/11/18
Surely a TD would be able to relume. If not someone else reluming it but who's going to pick that tab up

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Surely a TD would be able to relume. If not someone else reluming it but who's going to pick that tab up

Seriously? It's a rep of a $7K watch. You spend an extra hundred and get it done yourself through a watchmaker here. :frusty:

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
Come on! Its not a silk printed lume or anything too dificult. The lume is inside shaped nests, its easy to be corrected.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11

Agreed. Surely the TD can fix it before sending it out. If the buyer has to get it re-lumed the TD should pay for it!

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Gen lume sucks ass too , uneven and patchy

nick3237

3/9/18
Boston, MA
I agree with what some others have said. I would reject but choose a different watch since that will likely be the case with the next.

Reactions: Seamusflood

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
Ha!...the Explorer II was my first rep several years ago...and the lume sucked then...and I see it still does. Although, I could care less, it's a $300 watch and not a gen. You might be better off to receive the watch and re-lume.

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Lol what are you guys doing with your QC pictures? You must be studying every pixel on your screens for hours/days.

​​​​​​Many guys seem to be Photoshop surgeons here.

​​​​​​Just accept the thing and spend a few bucks more on a proper lume job.

taifighter84

24/8/17
Lol what are you guys doing with your QC pictures? You must be studying every pixel on your screens for hours/days.

​​​​​​Many guys seem to be Photoshop surgeons here.

​​​​​​Just accept the thing and spend a few bucks more on a proper lume job.

That's hard to stomach when literally everyone else's has perfect lume on the same watch, and they paid less for the exact same model (Noob v7 CHS Explorer II)

Also no need to get all jealous just because someone is handy enough with a computer program for a few minutes.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
That's hard to stomach when literally everyone else's has perfect lume on the same watch, and they paid less for the exact same model (Noob v7 CHS Explorer II)

Also no need to get all jealous just because someone is handy enough with a computer program for a few minutes.

So then don’t.

What do you want? If you like the watch, buy it. If you don’t like it because of the lume then don’t buy it, or buy it and have it relumed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14

Nah, not jealous I get along with Photoshop quite well. Just don't understand why anyone would do this since it is just a rep.

But anyhow, the lume on these are all garbage. Yours is as well as all others. It will glow for a couple of minutes then it's all gone. So if you really value lume then there is no way around having it lumed anyways. But believe me, poor lume is the best flaw you can have in a rep.

If it bothers you so much just get a refund and try another TD.

Watchfan1999

4/1/19
Hi there, it is possible to get a watch relumed at a reputable watch repair shop, whilst it is possible to relume yourself it is (unless you have sufficient experience) rather difficult and incurs the risk of damaging the watch, whilst I know of watch repair shops that offer reluming services(U.K) I do not know if they work on replica watches As previous posters have suggested it may be worth getting an alternative watch...

Reactions: Seamusflood

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
Guys, please, we are talking about YOUR WATCH! what are those shit about choosing some other just to fulfill your egoism that "needs" to have
an already perfect piece?
Why on earth you choose this watch at first? don't you love it? Are you choose your watch just to show a fake economical health to others?

Is it so much trouble to have a re lume???
Do you realize that EVERY BLOODY WATCH will need a service of 200$ at least some time and replicas its better to have it the soonest?

When you read that a watch is 1:1 or almost perfect in a way that can be used as spare parts for gen, don't you wonder why this has 8000$
less than the original?
Are gen manufacturers filthy scams that make overpriced pieces?
No! it lacks quality control, has different production procedures etc.

This kind of thread its offensive for our PERSONAL quality as watch lovers - users or anything else.

We buy watches cause we like the design, the features, the feeling...

We are not scammers that try to fool other people!
Replica watches ARE NOT a social shortcut to fool others! Its a way that allow people that don't have thousands to spent, to enjoy a nice piece
that is way too pricey to be bought as a gen.

come on! love, think, work for it!